Connectivity is one major reason for errors in QuickBooks. Often times windows firewall blocks connection to network for QuickBooks services. Connectivity errors such as H505, H101, H202 and H303 can be constantly faced because of firewall blocking your connection. Further, it is difficult to spot the errors caused by Windows firewall. QuickBooks file doctor often misses these errors. To remove such hindrance, users can follow the steps given below:
- Error Support
- Data Import
- Data Conversion
- Payment Solutions
- Payroll Support
- Data Export
- Software Integration
- QuickBooks Printer Support
- Complete QuickBooks Solutions
- Tax-Related Issues
- Data Damage Recovery
- Installation, Activation Help
- QuickBooks Windows Support
Allow QuickBooks And Its Services Through Firewall
- Goto Control Panel and Select Windows Firewall
- Click on “allow a program or feature through windows firewall.”
- Select all the programs that you want to allow through windows firewall.
- Click ok.
This will ensure that windows allows all the selected executable through windows firewall. Windows does not register all executables present on the system. This ensues a problem as the individual services installed alongside QuickBooks still cannot be allowed through the firewall.
To Allow the Services not Listed Through Windows Firewall Follow The Steps Given Below:
- Goto Control Panel
- Search for “Windows Firewall with Advanced Security.” This option can also be accessed through the windows firewall window.
- Click on Inbound (Know how to configure firewall)
- Select ‘New Rule’. This option is in the right panel of the currently opened window.
- Click on Program(Rule that controls connections for a program.)
- Select the check-box against ‘This program Path’
- Browse and select the executable for the service you want to allow through windows firewall.
- In the next window, select the option ‘Allow the connection.’
- Click next and check mark all the options provided. These are the options that tell firewall which type of connection should the program be allowed through.
- Type in the name of the rule along with description. You can type in a name such as ‘Payroll Allow’ which will simplify the task of finding this rule later and making changes to it.
Read This: Unable to Open the file in QuickBooks Multi User
Users would have to repeat the same rules for allowing the outbound connection. Users need to select the outbound option given beside the inbound option and then click on create rule. Rest of the steps are same as the one for inbound. After doing this open QuickBooks. If the error still persists then try turning off windows firewall.
In case you have your software’s as well its data on a separate server or a cloud server then you need to contact your service provider in order to get the issue resolved. Database synchronization errors can occur due to incorrect path entered into the software. Make sure that correct path for the company file in entered in your QB accounting software.
Turning Windows Firewall Off
This method should only be used as a last resort. Your system becomes vulnerable to hackers, malwares and ransomwares. This method should only be used to check if the error is resolved by turning off the firewall.
- Go to Control Panel
- Click on Windows Firewall
- Click on ”Turn windows firewall on or off.”
- Click on disable windows firewall
Reopen QuickBooks in order to check for the resolution of error. After this you should switch back windows firewall. It is an essential component of windows security and is needed to protection against hackers and malicious software’s. You should consider turning off firewalls that come along with antivirus software’s. Many security software’s include antivirus, anti malware and firewall solutions. These programs can block the connection of particular services they deem insecure. You can either temporarily turn off these software’s or uninstall them in order to continue using QB services.
In case you are facing errors, make sure to diagnose and troubleshoot with QuickBooks File doctor. Connectivity problems can arise due to several reason, one of them being windows firewall. If you still cannot access the QB service then contact your internet service provider. Internet service providers pre block many ports that can cause security issue for the user. In many case UDP ports are blocked which are essential for many services to connect to the internet. You internet service provider can troubleshoot and resolve this problem easily.
Create a Firewall and Security Settings for QuickBooks Desktop
To configure the firewall manually, you’ll have to do any of these two processes: –
Step 1: Configure the Firewall Manually
Let QuickBooks add the firewall port exception so it can connect to your network:
If you have multiple versions of QuickBooks on the same computer, then make sure that there is no data in the files for your old version.
- In Windows, open the Start menu and start typing.
- In the Search box, type “Windows Firewall” and click “Enter”
- Go to the Advanced Settings
- Go to your Settings page and click Inbound Rules
- After that, click on New Rule to create a new one.
- Click on the Next button on the left and then click on the Port button.
- To check that the TCP is selected, click on “settings”.
- All versions of QuickBooks have regional/local ports. As long as you’re using a compatible version, you need to enter the appropriate port number into your computer:
- QuickBooks Desktop 2021: 8019, XXXXX
- QuickBooks Desktop 2020: 8019, XXXXX
- QuickBooks Desktop 2019: 8019, XXXXX
- QuickBooks Desktop 2018: 8019, 56728, 55378-55382
- Click the Next button. Enter the port number.
- Click on the Allow the Connection button to proceed
- If you receive a pop-up, please make sure that all profiles are selected and click the Next button
- Now, we have a rule and mention a name as QBPorts
- When the site is all set, click the Finish button.
To create a new rule, click on the Inbound Rules and then the Outbound Rules tab.
Create Windows Firewall exceptions for QuickBooks Programs
Set up a bookkeeping system for your company. QuickBooks will help you schedule your tasks and keep you organized.
- Go to the Start menu
- In the search bar, type Windows Firewall and press enter on your keyboard to find it.
- To access the Firewall window in Windows, click on Advanced Settings.
- Click on the Inbound Rules tab or if you want to create Outbound
- Rules then right-click on it
- After that, choose New Rule
- Click on the Program button then press Next.
- Select an option for this program path
- Just click the Browse button.
- You need to find the file with the .exe extension.
- After clicking the Next button, the next screen will appear on your screen.
- Press the Allow the Connection button then click the Next button.
- When a pop-up appears, check all the profiles are marked and click next.
- Then create a rule and give it a name as QBFirewallException(name.exe)After this, you are done
We’ll help you implement any one of the processes in QuickBooks Desktop, after which you’ll open the software and switch to the multi-user mode. If there are still some issues or problems showing error messages on your screen, then set the settings of your antivirus.
Set the Antivirus or Firewall Program
Your firewall settings may already be set, but if the antivirus is still causing issues you need to check that QuickBooks has not been blocked by general permissions.
Step 2: Restart your Windows System
- Click on the Start menu button
- Then click the power button
- Choose the option “Restart”
- Then wait for the system to restart
- When you’re done doing it successfully, you’re all set.
- You can restart QuickBooks and continue your work now.
Question: I’m running with some serious QuickBooks issue these days. Getting STOP errors of IRQ_LESS_THAN_OR_EQUAL_TO type after I installed the QuickBooks Database Manager on the server. Please help me to fix this.
Answer: Did you upgraded your QuickBooks version, you are required to check your multi user license as well? Sometimes even proxy locations can be caused such errors. Is also recommended to verify that your windows firewall on the QuickBooks server configured properly or not. You can also reach to QuickBooks help desk as well for quick solution.
FastFix247 accords solutions for errors and issues that users face while using this accounting software. We can help you in troubleshooting the root cause of connectivity issue faced by your software. Our round the clock support service enables you to garner solutions anytime, anywhere. You can contact us through our toll free number and get quick solutions from our QuickBooks Desktop Support team.