QuickBooks is a powerful and user-friendly accounting software that enables you to record and organise your transaction. The software is designed to provide you with recent as well as old transactions. You can sort and filter the transactions and even search for a particular transaction. The advent of QuickBooks 2016 has brought a new function called ‘Batch Function’. This function enables you to perform action on multiple transactions at a single go weather it is printing or deleting. But this function is available for QuickBooks Premier Accountants Edition only.
Below are the steps for viewing transactions:-
- When you log into your QuickBooks account you would be able to see a clock icon.
- Click it and all the recent transactions would be listed.
- If you want to view more transactions then just click on more in the bottom right corner.
- You can even filter for particular transactions types like invoice, bills and purchase orders. You can even filter according to the date of transaction.
For Performing Batch Actions on Transactions follow the following steps.
To add transactions:-
- For batch Actions just select transactions and click on the action you want to perform with them.
- You can perform batch actions on invoice, bills and even cheques. Batch entry of transactions is possible as well.
- For this go to menu and click on Batch Enter Transactions.
- From there goto Transaction type and fill up all the required fields.
- Select the bank account you want to associate these transactions with.
- You can even paste the transactions direct from Excel spreadsheets.
- You will have to paste all the information in Batch Transaction window.
- Click on Quick add if you don’t want to make any change in the setup.
- Click on save and all your transactions would be added at once to QuickBooks.
To delete transactions:-
- Select the transactions that you want to delete.
- Check the transactions once again and make sure you don’t delete any necessary transaction.
- Click the delete button or press Ctrl+D.
- You can even contact Intuit and have have them delete all your transactions for you.
- If you want to then you can even delete all the transactions using Condense Utility.
QuickBooks is a complicated software with very powerful tools and can even be the game changer for your organization. The amount of functions you can perform with transactions are innumerable and that is what makes QuickBooks the best accounting software.