QuickBooks is one software that not only accords features and tools for effective handling of financial tasks but also aids users in tackling complex tax processes in order to prepare, file and pay taxes in time. The software helps prepare required sales tax information to facilitate complete and effective preparation, filing and payment without incurring any sort of error. However, considering complexity of of the taxes, there tends to be issues which can consequently delay in the process of completing the tax requirements in time. Keeping the imperative nature of the tasks at hand, Intuit has provided resolutions for the same.
Must Read: How to Change Sales Tax Rate in QuickBooks
Some issues and their respective resolutions are illustrated below:
- Printing of ‘T’ in the invoice despite Sales Tax feature being turned off: Under this the invoices are printed with alphabet ‘T’ against the taxable amount to be paid even though Sales Tax feature of the software is turned off. Most probable reason behind this error is that the template set up for the invoice is corrupted and to resolve the same user is advised create the invoice template again. Intuit has recommended three resolutions for the same which should be followed in the pattern given below to garner best and fastest possible result. Resolutions are:
- Create the Template Again.
- Duplicate the Invoice Template
- Set Default to Copy the Invoice Template
- Warning Message ‘You must specify a vendor name for the sales tax account’: This another common problem faced by many users under Sales Tax. In this the user either ignores to specify a vendor name or forgets to put in one. For this they need to provide a vendor name under the column labeled Customer Job while generating a journal entry or writing check that uses payable account of Sale Tax for payment.
- Sales Tax Items that are inactive consequently affects the amount calculated under Sales Tax Group: There are times when after certain point specific items under sales tax becomes inactive. These items although not garnering any input are not removed from the Sales Tax Group assigned in the starting. It is imperative to remove inactive sale tax items from their respective tax group to avoid any discrepancies in Sales Tax calculations. To resolve this issue user needs to follow steps given below:
- Go to menu bar and locate Lists followed by ‘item list’ option.
- Next is to select the Sales Tax Group under which inactive sales tax items are located and double click on it.
- Highlight and select the items that needs to be removed and then press on CTRL + Delete keys together. This removal will not affect any of the past Sales Tax invoices created using these inactive sales tax items. It will only affect the future invoices.
- Lastly complete the process by clicking on OK tab.
These are just few Sales Tax issues highlighted by aggrieved users across the globe. In case the user is not satisfied by the resolution or are in trouble with any other Sales Tax issue they can contact the proficient QuickBooks expert team setup by Intuit for prompt resolution.