QuickBooks offers myriad range of tools and reports to record imperative financial details of the business in proper order and securely. The reports accorded can be treated as templates as they are easily customizable to register the current financial situation of the business by keeping an eye and analyzing the provided details minutely.
Must Read :
- Formats for QuickBooks Accounting Software
- Creating Financial Projections with QuickBooks
- How to Assess Finance Charges in QuickBooks
In case the user encounters that no report suit the requirement of the business they are free to customize the old ones and also save it for future use in the icon bar of the main menu. It can be intensively detailed or offer sparse information regarding the project as per the requirement of the business. Customization of reports can be done in term of adding or deleting columns / rows, add descriptions detailing the transaction or account number to the customized report mix. Instructions for customizing different aspects of the report are listed below:
- Report Attributes:
- Access the software and click on ‘Reports’ option from the main menu bar.
- From the list select one particular category followed by the report option needed to be customized.
- To change the font of the report, right-click cursor over the Font option. As per the requirement, choose particular style, font size and font type for the report and then click on ‘OK’ and then ‘Yes’ tab to save the changes made to Font of all the elements added in the report.
- To customize the Header / Footer part of the report first type in details in the text area and then select ‘Left’, ‘Right’, ‘Centered’ or ‘Standard’ option from the list under ‘Layout’ aspect of the report. Click on ‘OK’ to save the changes.
- Next select the option of ‘Customize Report’ and from the list of filters provided check the filter options to decide the way of displaying the information in the report. In order to change the labels as per the business requirement, provide related text against all the fields. Now click on ‘OK’ to save the changes.
- Again click on ‘Customize Report’ option and this time select the option ‘Fonts and Number’. Under this tab user can pick and choose options for both ‘Show Negative Numbers’ and ‘Show all Number’ followed by clicking on ‘OK’.
- Select the ‘Dates’ menu and from the drop down menu, select the appropriate range of dates for the report and then click on ‘OK’.
- Lastly select ‘Memorize’ tab and then type in the required title for the report. Now click on the tab labeled ‘Save in Memorized Report Group’ after which select the appropriate group to save the report and then click on ‘OK’.
- Display Formation of Data:
- First select the report that needs to be customized from the Reports menu, followed by selecting ‘Report Center’ and then on the display arrow tab.
- Next click on the ‘Column’ list wherein select the appropriate option to categorize the software data through different options like Date, Document Number, Amounts, Combined Date and transaction tab.
- To finish the customization of Data Display click on the needed subcolumn from the group in which report needs to be added and then select ‘OK’ option.
The above steps ensure complete customization can be done in a hassle-free manner to generate reports as per the need of the business. To know more about this, user can connect with the proficient QuickBooks customer support who are also adept in handling all sorts of QuickBooks issues.