You can import data from QuickBooks just like your bank transactions details, general journal entries, batch transactions & much more. You can also easily import your customers & vendors data.
The export data option is used for transferring the data from one version of QuickBooks to another.
How to prepare the data for export?
- Firstly, go to your QuickBooks software and open the QuickBooks company file.
- Then, choose the Gear icon located on the top of the window.
- Next, select the Export Data option under Tools section.
- After that, read the instructions of the export process, and click on the Get Started button.
- Now, from the Prepare to Export window, you need to choose the Install ActiveX Control Now option.
- Next, tap on the continue button for the installation confirmation.
- At last, choose the data that is to be exported and click on the continue button.
How to Export the Data?
- First of all, choose the Gear icon.
- Then, navigate to the Tools group and select the Export Data option.
- Next, choose the Get Started option, and then click on the continue button.
- After that, choose the Data to Export option, and click on the continue button.
- Now choose the Continue to Download option, from the export window.
- Make sure, the version of QuickBooks is open, on which export is to be performed.
- Then, you need to choose the location for saving the export_company file.
- Once the downloading is finished, tap on the Convert Now button.
- As soon as the export of data is done, tap on the Finish button.
- Also, you need to configure the Internet Explorer’s security, for an export to be successful.
Note: You should always check if the export is successful or not. You can do this by running the Profit and Loss report and see if it matches the previous one.
Contact our QuickBooks Enterprise tech support team for more details.