User Query: Can anyone suggest me: I cannot send email invoices via QuickBooks. Getting password is incorrect message. How do I fix this issue?
No doubt QuickBooks is a powerful application that allows users to send invoices, forms, reports, and other transactions using its email services. Sometimes, when they try to login, they may receive “QuickBooks Email or Password is incorrect” error message. This error message makes them unable to get into their email. That’s why it is highly recommended to resolve this error as soon as possible. This blog post discloses the easiest and reliable ways to rectify such incorrect email or password issues. You’re facing a problem in setting up or QB is not accepting password, continue reading this blog till the end.Read More: Problem emailing invoices and statements through QuickBooks
Issues faced by users while using email service in QuickBooks
Below jotted are few of the email issues that are usually faced by users while working on QuickBooks Desktop:
- QuickBooks won’t email invoices
- Unable to connect with email server
- Email address or password might be incorrect
- Not able to send an invoice via email
- The server configuration is incorrect
- Internet or Firewall blocking the connection
Read More: I can’t send invoices, Gmail on QuickBooks not working. What to do?
Troubleshoot to fix QuickBooks Email or Password Is Incorrect
Incorrect email send form settings can be a big problem for any businesses. If you’re also troubling with the same issue; Don’t Worried! The below-provided instructions can assist to rectify it with much ease:
Solution 1: Fix incorrect Password issue in Gmail
If you’re unable to login your Gmail within QuickBooks software and it displays an email or password is incorrect. It is suggested that you require enabling less secure applications and disabling 2-step authentication for QB. It lets you send emails safely and eliminate the failure issue.
- Your domain administrator has the ability to restrict access to less secure applications in your account. First and foremost, you must allow less secure applications to access your account.
- Disable 2-step authentication in your Google account within the Account tab.
- Also, enable access to the account to a new computer or program.
Read More: How to Change QuickBooks Password?
Solution 2: Yahoo Mail Users
If you’re using Yahoo then you’ll be asked for 2-step verification during the setup of Yahoo Email. It makes the setup more secure and helps in increasing the protection.
Solution 3: Fix incorrect password error in RightNetworks
If you’re using QuickBooks in the RightNetworks then perform the steps to rectify an email or password incorrect issue:
- Go to the trustworthy website of your email service provider
- Next, try to login into your account
- Now, finish the request for MFA in RightNetworks
- In case, you find the browser is not available then you’re required to reach out to RightNetworks to get it added to your system.
Solution 4: Apply the steps for Anti-virus Application
Many times, an incorrect email or password issue takes place due to blockage of the Anti-Virus applications. To fix it, you need to allow the communication through the following ports:
- Yahoo!: Port 465
- Gmail, Hotmail, and others Port 587
- After that, add the below QB processes to the Excluded Process list:
- QBDBMGRN.exe – C:\Program Files\Intuit\QuickBooks [year]\QBDBMgrN.exe
- QBW32.exe – C:\Program Files\Intuit\QuickBooks [year]\QBW32.exe
- QBDBMGR.exe – C:\Program Files\Intuit\QuickBooks [year]\QBDBMgr.exe
- Once done with that, hit Ok to end the Access Protection Properties
- Along with that, you have to close the Virus Scan Console as well.
Read More: How to Reset QuickBooks Admin Password?
QuickBooks offers service to send invoices, and other transactions directly via Gmail. But while the same, various problems arise and “QuickBooks Email or Password is incorrect” is one of the email problems. Expectedly, after performing the above solutions, you’ll be able to resolve the email issue and make sure you restart your QuickBooks then try to send an email within QB. For more assistance, you can easily reach out to QuickBooks ProAdvisors.
Q1. Can correcting Email Preferences help me to fix QuickBooks Email or Password is incorrect?
Ans: If your QuickBooks not accepting email password, first, open your QuickBooks Desktop and then go to the Edit menu. Next, move to the Preferences and click on the Outlook in order to open and sign in your QuickBooks account before you move forward (If you’re using the MS Exchange or MS Outlook). In the menu section, you have to click Send Forms. Now, select the My Preferences tab. Select the Outlook as an email and hit Ok to end this process.
Q2. Why does QuickBooks Email or password issue arise?
Ans: There are multiple possibilities due to which such email or password issues happen. It includes:
- Mistype of the email Address or password
- Due to incorrect mailing setting
- Damaged MAP132.dll file
- Improper installation of QuickBooks, and more.
Q3. How do I check Email Settings within the Internet Explorer?
Ans: The very first, select the QuickBooks icon and then open Internet Explorer. Press Tools >> Internet option. Select the Program tab. Pick an appropriate email program as your default email program. Click Apply followed by the Ok tab. close the Internet Explorer. Open QuickBooks once again and try to mail reports or any transactions.