If you want to reduce a customer’s credit balance you can enter a credit memo. The invoice will show the changes only when you enter them manually.
- You can find the + sign and choose Credit memo.
- Enter information in all the fields.
- Click Save tab and then close.
- Here is how to apply credit memo in the invoice.
- Again click on the sign and select Receive Payment.
- Now follow the steps.
- Select the customer name from the drop down list.
- You can change the name if you want.
- Amount:,Pymt Method: and Ref#: fields are to be left blank.
- Memo: (Optional)
- Deposit To: Don’t enter anything as no money is deposited.
- Choose the invoice to which you want to apply the Credit Memo.
- Choose the Credit Memo to which you want to apply the invoice.
- Review the total pay for the correct amount after applying the credit memo. Click the save button.
How to apply a delayed credit?
You can enter delayed credits in the next invoice
- Go to the Plus Sign (+) and click Delayed Credit.
- Click on the Plus sign + and choose the Delayed Credit.
- Type in information in all the fields.
- Click the Save button and the ne button and then again save and close.
- Here is how to apply the delayed credit
You have to apply the value in the invoice manually. When you change the credit details they won’t affect the invoice automatically.
You may have questions related to Handling Customer Credits in QuickBooks:
- How do I apply a credit in QuickBooks?
- What is a credit memo in QuickBooks?
- How do I issue a refund in QuickBooks?
- How do I find credits in QuickBooks?
- How to apply a credit memo to an invoice in QuickBooks
- How to create a credit memo in QuickBooks
- How to apply a credit to a vendor invoice in QuickBooks
- QuickBooks vendor credit memo
- QuickBooks automatically apply credits to invoices
- QuickBooks credit memo for over payment
- QuickBooks credit memo report
- Vendor refund in QuickBooks
- How to handle QuickBooks Customer List
- Customer Manager QuickBooks
- How to Refund a Customer in QuickBooks
- How to Apply Credits in QuickBooks
- How to Bill Credit in QuickBooks
- How to manage Vendor Credit in QuickBooks
To get more solution on handling credits in QuickBooks contact Intuit tech Support at 1. The experts can help you in solving the problem and provide you with handy tips on related matters at the same time.