If you are using E-Pay in your How to Change EFTPS Password in QuickBooks Desktop, you will need to change your QuickBooks Desktop password so that it matches your new EFTPS Internet password when you make an E-Payment.
First of all, before updating your EFTPS Internet password, you will need to update your QuickBooks to the latest version & download the latest tax table updates.
So, Let’s dive into the steps you need to follow to update your EFTPS password:
- First of all, Go to the Payroll Center and then click on Pay Liabilities.
- Now, Choose the federal liability to e-pay in the Pay Taxes & Other Liabilities section, and then click on View/Pay.
- Now, verify that the E-Payment is selected, and click on E-pay.
- Then remove the check mark in the Remember My Information for the next time box.
- Then enter the 4-Digit PIN and new EFTPS Internet Password.
- Now fill out all the information needed in the fields.
- Finally, click the Submit button.
Now, you need to re-enter your 4-Digit PIN and EFTPS Internet password the next time you make an e-payment. And, select the Remember My Information for the next time box.
E-Pay tax liability payments
E-Pay is available for specific agencies through QuickBooks Payroll Enhanced.
To use E-Pay to file a payment electronically via QuickBooks desktop, you must have:
- A QuickBooks Desktop Payroll, Enhanced subscription with a supported version of QuickBooks Desktop.
- A stable internet connection
- And the most recent payroll update.
Moreover, you must have set up an E – Pay.
Once you have set up E-Pay, you can submit e-payments for tax liabilities from your QuickBooks Desktop.
You need to submit your e-payments on or before the date and time that appears in the Send By column for every payment.
To submit your e-payment, check the mentioned steps:
- First, from the Employees menu, choose Payroll Center.
- In the Payroll Center, click on the Pay Liabilities tab.
- Then in the Pay Taxes & Other Liabilities section, select the liability to pay and click on the View/Pay button.
- Now review the liability for accuracy.
- Then choose the E-Pay button.
- If the error The withdrawal on the date entered is not valid appears, choose OK in error, and, in the Liability Payment window, change the Withdraw On date to at least 1 business day early of the day you are sending the e-payment, then click on E-pay.
- Then in the EPay Login window, enter your login information.
- Note: You must enter your login details correctly to avoid having your e-payment declined by the agency.
- If you have freshly changed the bank account for your e-payment, then use your new PIN.
- Now select Submit.
Change your password in QuickBooks Desktop
If you are using E-Pay in QuickBooks Desktop, you must change your password in QuickBooks Desktop to match your new EFTPS Internet password for the next time you make an e-payment.
- Update your QuickBooks to the latest release.
- Download the latest tax table updates.
To change your password in QuickBooks Desktop while making an e-payment:
- First of all, from the Payroll Center, select the Pay Liabilities tab.
- In the Pay Taxes & Other Liabilities section, choose the federal liability to e-pay and select View/Pay.
- Then verify that E-payment is selected, and click on E-pay.
- Then, clear the Remember My Information for next Time checkbox.
- Now enter your 4-Digit PIN and new EFTPS Internet password.
- Then enter any other missing information.
- And select Submit.
The next time you make an e-payment, re-enter your 4-Digit PIN and EFTPS Internet password and choose the Remember My Information for the next Time option.
Update your EFTPS password
First of all, follow these steps to update your EFTPS password on the EFTPS website.
Now you need to wait for about an hour for everything to process. Then sign in to QuickBooks Self-Employed:
- In QuickBooks Self-Employed, go to the Taxes menu. Then click on the Quarterly tab.
- Then select Pay Now.
- Choose the option to pay Online.
- Then enter your current and updated EFTPS password. This updates the connection.
- Now select Continue and follow the onscreen steps.
Frequently Asked Questions
What to do if I get an error saying, “payment not submitted”?
You don’t need to worry if you see Error 1003/2190 or a “payment not submitted” message. Simply update your password on the EFTPS website again. And then, follow the steps to update the password in QuickBooks Self-Employed.
Why can’t I sign in after I have reset my password?
This is because your old password could still be saved in your browser. Try to enter your password manually. If you still can’t sign in, then you’ll need to clear the data so you can use your new password.
Once you have done this, close the browser and reopen it.
Why am I asked to reset my password every time I sign in?
This is happening because your browser might be automatically filling in your old password or user ID. From the sign-in page, choose I forgot my user ID or Password. Once you reset your password and can get into your account, choose the Intuit account icon, then Manage your Intuit Account.
Then click on Sign-in & security and verify your user ID.
What to do if I don’t have a login?
If you don’t have a login, first of all, from the sign-in page, select Create an account. Then enter your email and phone number. Now, create a password, and confirm it, and select Continue.