QuickBooks software allows the user to access data remotely. You can get access to all your QuickBooks emails, documents, programs, transactions from anywhere at any particular time.
Hosting the data in cloud server here refers to ‘storing the data at an enterprise level’, and that too without having any issues of security.
To connect QuickBooks enterprise to my Cloud server, follow the steps given below:
Step 1: You need to install the QuickBooks Database Server Manager utility so that configuration of QuickBooks server can be done for multi-user access.
- Download the QuickBooks Database Server Manager utility.
- Then, open your QuickBooks software and on the main window, click on the File menu.
- Next, choose the Multi user mode option.
- Further, you need to choose the Yes option, that is provided in the Multi-user server hosting setup window.
- After that, you will be navigated to the Multi-user setup information window. Here, click on the OK button.
- Now, add the required number of users by simply going to the Setup User and Password window.
Step 2: Enable the Network Discovery option and Disable the Password Protected Sharing.
This process needs to be done on the host computer or the server, and also on the workstations on which the access of files is to be done over a network.
- Open the control panel.
- Then select the Network Sharing Center option.
- Next, choose the Change Advanced Sharing Settings option.
- After that, click on the plus sign to expand the type of profile, which is being used by you currently.
- Now, go to the network discovery section, and enable the network discovery option by simply clicking on it.
- Then navigate to the Password section and disable the password protected sharing option.
- Once you are done with this, click on the save changes button to save the changes.
Read More: QuickBooks Database Server Manager Setup.
Step 3: Locate the company file and open it
- Firstly, click on the File menu, and choose the Open or Restore Company option.
- Then, choose the open a company file option, and click on the next button.
- Next, you need to browse the company file location.
- After that, choose the file with .qwb extension, and click on the open button.
- At last type in the user-name and password.
For any queries, you can contact our QuickBooks Enterprise Technical Team at our LIVE CHAT.