As your business progresses and the strength of your organization increases, you need to have a more advanced software solution to manage information-based as well as transaction-based data.
This is what makes many organization owners convert QuickBooks Enterprise to Pro or Premiere.
Why do you need to convert QuickBooks Enterprises to Pro or Premier?
Prior to knowing the steps to convert QuickBooks Enterprise to pro and Premier, it is essential that you first understand why you should consider doing so.
Though the Enterprise version of QuickBooks has many advanced features that might not be found in other versions of QuickBooks, there will be a time when you would desire to allow limited access and authorization for the data saved, thereby securing your data in a much better way.
If you want your data to be handled by just a couple of people, Pro or Premier is the best option for you.
In short, QuickBooks Pro and Premier is a more cost-effective solution, offering the same benefits and features that the Enterprise version provides.
The Process to Convert QuickBooks Enterprise to Pro or Premier
Step I: Import Enterprise Files to QuickBooks
- Login to QuickBooks
- Take a backup of the Enterprise file and save it on the local PC
- Restore the backup first and make a second copy to work on
- Open Enterprise version on the Home screen
- Press Ctrl+1. This opens the Product Information window
- Press Ctrl+b now and then Ctrl+q
- Click OK
- Type your QuickBooks login info in the screen that appears next
- Tick Terms of Service checkbox to agree to it
- Click Submit
- Check the lists to be imported and proceed ahead as per the instructions that pop up
Step II: Export from QuickBooks to Pro or Premier
- Once the file is up as QuickBooks, you can use IE for further export
- Follow the prompts to install the controls to help the conversion
- Select All Financial Data if you want to convert the entire file
- Click on All financial data without transactions
Step III: Convert the file to Pro and Premier
- Open QBDT on the screen
- Pick the company file to be converted
- Click the Convert button
- Follow the prompts
Step IV: Post-conversion Steps
- Cancel your subscription to QuickBooks as your purpose is already served
- Restore all the default settings for the browser. To do this:
- Open the IE
- Press ALT+T
- You will see the Tools menu
- Move to Internet Options
- Choose the Security tab
- Select Reset all zones to default level
- Click Apply
- Click OK
- Shut the IE window
Note: The Internet Explorer plays an important role in the conversion process and it might happen that the browser freezes in between.
No matter where you get stuck, feel free to connect with experts available 24/7 on LIVE CHAT.