When you start a business, you have a limited number of customers, which you aim at increasing gradually.
So as far as having a proper accounting software solution is concerned, Sage 50 is recommended, but QuickBooks is still mostly preferred by a start-up/ SME as it is less complicated and makes handling transactions online hassle-free.
This is why, the conversion of Sage 50 to QuickBooks Desktop is highly recommended.
Steps to Convert Sage 50/ Peachtree to QuickBooks?
Conversion options to migrate from Sage 50 to QuickBooks Desktop
- Review the requirements that are essential for efficient conversion before you begin
- Be aware of what can convert and what can’t:
- You can easily convert account balances, employee, account, customer, vendor, and item lists, employee profile, Payroll General Ledger info, Paychecks, etc.
- You can’t convert payroll transactions, individual employee wage info or deduction details, Fixed Assets, employee year-to-date details, payroll entities used to calculate paychecks, work tickets, partially handles Sales Orders, Estimates, Purchase Orders, etc.
- Proceed to the conversion
- Avoid conversion tool error by downloading and install the file locally.
- Create a backup for the data in Sage prior to starting the conversion
- Set up Sage 50 onto your system. To achieve that:
- In Sage 50, open the file to be converted
- Go to the main menu
- Choose Maintain
- Choose Users
- Select Setup Security
- Click on Data Access/ Crystal Reports tab
- Choose With the following login information
- Click on Change to set a password for transfer which should not be more than 8 characters. You won’t be able to change the ID field.
- Click OK
- Close Sage 50 window
- Download the conversion tool and open the folder you have saved the file to.
- Right-click the QuickBooks Conversion Tool icon
- Select Properties
- Go to the Compatibility mode
- Tick the Run this program compatibility for checkbox
- Choose the OS you are using from the available list in the drop-down
- Click OK
- Again, right-click on the QuickBooksConversionToolSetup.exe
- Choose Run as Administrator
- Convert the data by following the below-mentioned steps:
- Choose Browse in the conversion tool
- Select the company file of Sage 50 to be converted
- You will have a Pervasive 32-bit ODBC engine DSN Setup window open in front
- Go to Database Name drop-down and choose the Sage 50 company file
- Enter the password that you created
- Click Next
- Choose the QuickBooks version you’re using and enter the company file name, which should not contain any special character
- Click Browse to choose the folder you want to save the converted file to
- Click Next
- Review the data
- Choose Convert File to begin the process
- This will launch and open the QuickBooks – Application Certificate window, which would request access to the company file
- Choose Yes, prompt each time
- Click Continue
Do you know: What to do When QuickBooks Conversion Tool Not Working?
If you need any technical support, connect with our experts anytime on LIVE CHAT.