How to fix QuickBooks abort error QuickBooks keeps aborting when it cannot proceed further. It crashes while the save process continues or changes are made to its company files. The software asks the user to abort the ongoing transaction and resume by restarting the software.
An error message pops up, “The connection to the corporate information has been misplaced.“ It suggests that there’s some broken report in QuickBooks.
Such an event damages the QBWUSER.ini file, which results in frequent crashes as QuickBooks keeps aborting.
So, What Causes the Abort Error in QuickBooks?
There are several reasons which cause the QuickBooks abort errors:
- Antivirus and Firewall installed in your system clash with the QuickBooks processes and make QuickBooks abort its current task.
- Missing or Damaged QBWUSER.INI files, hardware issues, or a damaged Windows.
- Multiple computers hosting your QuickBooks company file.
- Hibernation or Sleep mode is turned on while the computer is saving your company files.
- A disruption in the flow of data among devices storing the files.
Read More: How to Fix When QuickBooks Stopped Working after Windows 10 Update?
Effects of QuickBooks Abort Error
When the Abort Error QuickBooks occurs, it stops QuickBooks.
- While running with QuickBooks, it shuts down. “QuickBooks unrecoverable error” occurs together with the message.
- The pc gadget crashes randomly.
- If the pc gadget has home windows eight, then QuickBooks will get terminated perpetually when this mistake seems.
Now let’s see how to resolve the abort error in QuickBooks with some common fixes.
Read More: What to do when QuickBooks freezes after installation?
Solutions to fix QuickBooks Abort Error
1st Solution: Download and Run QuickBooks Diagnostic Tool
- First of all, download and install the QuickBooks diagnostic tool.
- This tool analyses and highlights faulty Windows components and fixes problems in them.
- Once it’s downloaded, install and run the tool.
- Now, restart your computer and then launch the desktop version of your QuickBooks application.
- This would fix the problem for most of the users. If not, then follow the next solution.
Read More: Reasons behind QuickBooks messaging has stopped working?
2nd Solution: Disable the Antivirus Application as well as the Windows Firewall.
- Windows Firewall and Antivirus software are designed to block security threats for your system, and thus, accidentally, they sometimes stop specific programs from running on your system.
- This can cause QuickBooks to keep aborting. Hence, you need to disable your Windows Local Firewall and install Antivirus so that they can enable updates and other information shared by Intuit for QuickBooks to download automatically.
- Now, the local machine must be restarted to enable the changes to take place.
- If you are not able to do so, contact your antivirus software provider. They might provide you with possible steps to allow QuickBooks to run on your system.
3rd Solution: Rename QBWUSER.ini file on the System
This method is done if the user cannot open a company file stored on the network location.
- First of all, locate the folder where the QBWUSER.ini file is stored. It must be stored at path \Users\[User Name]\AppData\Local\Intuit\QuickBooks.
- If you cannot find it, it means that the file or the folder is hidden. Enable the hidden files, and you will be able to see the file now.
- Then rename the file, right-click on the file or folder and click Rename.
- Then change the file’s name by adding .old at the end of the file name. It should look like “QBWUSER.ini.old”.
- Moreover, change the name of the .ecml file known as Entitlement Data Store to “Entitlement Data Store .ecml.”
- Then after changing the names of the files specified above, open a sample company file. If you cannot open this sample file, then copy and paste it to another local folder.
This should solve the problem.
4th Solution: Restore QuickBooks from Backup
If all the steps mentioned above do not work for you, then try to restore QuickBooks from your system’s Backup.
- Create an Admin user for your Windows. In most cases, this will fix the root cause of the ‘QuickBooks aborts’ error, and it won’t re-occur.
- However, if you’re still facing the error, try to fix the issue as soon as possible using the below-mentioned automated QuickBooks recovery tool.
5th Solution: Use Stellar Repair for QuickBooks Software
- If none of the above-mentioned methods work and QuickBooks keeps aborting, avoid any more hit and trial techniques and quickly download quick rpair for QuickBooks Software.
- This will surely rid your application of all error-causing issues and make it run as smoothly as new.
Read More: What to do when QuickBooks not launch?
We hope that all these solutions will help you in resolving the QuickBooks abort error. If you ever get this error, you should try to fix it as soon as possible as a delay might crash your system.
If the manual repair methods don’t work, you can always rely on Stellar Repair for QuickBooks Software, or you can always contact QuickBooks support to fix issues with their application.
If you face any other QuickBooks error that we might have forgotten to include on our site, let us know; we will come up with all the best troubleshoots to help you fix that error issue.
Few More Reads:
- What to do when you unable to open QuickBooks desktop after upgrade?
- How to fix when QuickBooks hangs during opening company file in multiuser mode?
- How To Setup QuickBooks Server To Host Multi-User Access?
- What to do when face QuickBooks network connection error – could not access QuickBooks?
- How to fix when you unable to open the file in QuickBooks multi user mode?