QuickBooks is an extremely useful accounting utility both Online and Offline. Nevertheless, occasionally, customers face some unwanted delays because of errors; and QuickBooks Display Issues is one such downside. Do your icons or fonts appear to be smudged? Are the windows empty or oddly sized?
You may need to adjust your QuickBooks default settings if you have a modern high-resolution display. Here are the settings we recommend for QuickBooks Desktop to obtain the best results.
The problem is usually associated with high-resolution graphics. It shows (1920 x 1200 display screen decision & upper).
This downside most commonly occurs in QuickBooks Desktop when you overuse the product.
Read More: What to when QuickBooks not shut down screen freezes and goes grey blank?
Font settings and Microsoft Windows Resolution are essential for the right kind of efficiency of QuickBooks show.
But, if those two standards don’t seem to be optimized on a well-timed foundation, you might even see the below-mentioned signs:
- The transaction Form no longer has compatibility with the display screen.
- Field Overwriting and label disappearance.
- Buttons no longer discovered.
- Distorted Screen seems while you maximize and reduce.
- Too large fonts.
- Sizing icons at the top right of the window do not appear.
QuickBooks is coded and designed for the Default Windows dot per inch (DPI) value of Smaller-100% (96 DPI).
Read More: QuickBooks Desktop Fields Display Black Instead of White – How to Fix?
Know what are the solutions to fix screen issues in QuickBooks?
Intuit has listed two ways of resolving this issue.
- First, set the Windows DPI to Smaller 100% (96 DPI)
NOTE: Decreasing the DPI setting will make text in Windows smaller as the DPI is lowered.
- Second, change the properties of QuickBooks
- First, Right-click on the icon for QuickBooks.
- Then, Left click on Properties.
- Then, Left click on the Compatibility option.
- Now, Disable Full screen Optimizations on high DPI settings.
- Now click on OK.
- Then open QuickBooks and check to see whether the windows are visible or not.
NOTE: If you continue having issues with your QuickBooks installation, then you need to contact QuickBooks technical support.
If you have a new high-resolution monitor, you might need to change your default settings in QuickBooks.
Here are the settings we suggest to get the best results for QuickBooks Desktop:
Step 1: Change the display settings in QuickBooks
Before adjusting any Windows settings, you need to change your display and view preferences in QuickBooks.
- First, close QuickBooks Desktop.
- Then, open the Windows Start menu.
- Type ““QuickBooks”” into the search. Then right-click on the QuickBooks icon and choose Open file location.
- In the folder, right-click on the QuickBooks.exe file and choose Properties.
- Now go to the Compatibility tab.
- And choose the Disable display scaling on the high DPI settings checkbox. You can also choose Change high DPI settings and then Override high DPI scaling behavior.
- Now choose Apply and then click on OK.
If you still see issues, then move on to Step 2.
Step 2: Adjust the “view” preferences in QuickBooks.
- In your QuickBooks, first, go to the Edit menu and choose Preferences.
- Now select Desktop View from the list and then the My Preferences tab.
- Then in the View section, choose the One Window option. Then click on OK.
Now close and reopen QuickBooks and your company file and check for display issues.
If you still see issues, then move on to Step 3.
Step 3: Change the Windows display settings
QuickBooks works better with the default Windows DPI settings. If you change those settings, you may see display issues.
Change Windows DPI settings.
This resolution will range in steps as consistent with the Windows model.
- First, on the Desktop, right-click & Click.””
- Then at the left aspect, Press ‘‘alter font dimension’’ (DPI)
- Now select ‘‘Default.’’
- First, go on your Desktop and appropriate click on it. Now click ‘‘Screen.’’
- Click on the hyperlink ‘‘make textual content & different choices better/smaller.’’
- Now, press on the circle subsequent to smaller-100%.
- Choose the desired option- ‘‘Log Off now.’’
- First, on the Desktop>>appropriate click on>> click on ‘‘Properties
- Then click on the ‘‘Settings.’’
- Then click on the ‘‘complex’’ possibility
- Now exchange ‘‘DPI atmosphere’’ to Normal dimension (96 DPI)
Note: It is recommended to Log off/restart the pc after converting the DPI settings.
Read More: How to fix when entry lines getting blank in QuickBooks?
Frequently Asked Questions
Question: How can I fix QuickBooks Desktop Screen issues for 4K?
Answer: First, you need to search for the QuickBooks.exe file, then right-click on it to open its properties. Then navigate to the Compatibility button and enable the disabled display scaling on the high DPI settings check box.
Question: Does changing my Windows settings affect all programs?
Answer: Yes, changing your Windows settings affects all programs on your computer and not just QuickBooks.