Due to an issue with the company file after upgrading to 2021 Pro, I can only find data from 7/1/2020. What is the process for recovering these or finding the information so that my reports and forms are accurate?
The latest company file may have been moved or renamed, which is why you cannot access it. To locate your company file, we can perform a wild card search.
Read More: How to Restore QuickBooks Company Files?
In library databases, you can use this method to maximize your search results. To begin, go to your server computer and enter the following keywords in the search bar:
- Accountants Transfer Files – .qbx
- Accountants Change Files – .qby
- Working Files – .qbw
- Back-Up Files – .qbb
- Accountants Copy Files – .qba
If the search doesn’t work correctly, please include an asterisk before the extension type. If you find the file, take note of its location and then open or restore it in QuickBooks Desktop. I would recommend contacting your local IT support to assist you with finding the company file if you can’t find it.
Few Good Reads:
- QuickBooks file is too large how to compress QuickBooks company file using Zip
- How to Create New Company File in QuickBooks?
- How to fix when QuickBooks already has a company file open error?
- How to opening and closing an existing company file in QuickBooks?
- What to do when user unable to open QuickBooks company file?