The inconsistency between the company file and transaction file creates the QuickBooks error 6190. It mainly happens when using QuickBooks in multi-user mode. There are many reasons behind the error 6190 like due to the damaged company file on the server across the network or more. The below article will let you know how to fix the QuickBooks error 6190 with causes and solutions.
What did QuickBooks Error -6190, -816 happen?
QuickBooks Desktop error 6190 usually appears when users enabled multi-user mode. It occurs due to the errors with the QB company file on the server in the network. This error interrupts the opening of the company file. You need to check whether the file has been accessed by another user. Let’s check out the various causes of the error message that appears on the Desktop screen.
Why does the QuickBooks error message 6190 trigger on the screen?
Here is the list of commonplace causes for the occurrence of QuickBooks error code 6190 816:
- It usually encounters if another user is attempting to access the company files when enabled the single-user mode
- Mismatch of the company file with the transaction log file
- Data file corruption
- Update failures
How to resolve QuickBooks error -6190?
Method 1- Fix the file corruption using QB file doctor:
Use the QuickBooks File Doctor tool
Here is the list of instructions for downloading and executing the QuickBooks file Doctor utility to fix the error:
- The initial step is to close the QB Desktop application
- Next, download the advanced version of the QB tool hub
- Locate to the download section of your system and then double-click on the file named QuickBooksToolHub.exe
- Now confirm that you agree to the terms and conditions of the same
- Next, follow the instructions display on the screen to finish the installation
- Once completed the installation
- Next Go to the Desktop screen
- Now double-click on the icon labeled QB tool hub
- Run the Tool Hub on the system
- Search for the other Company file issues tab
- Give a click on the button which says Run QuickBooks file doctor.
- Search and choose your company file
- Hit the option named Check your file
- Choose Continue
- It displays window and then enters the company file admin password
- Hit Next and then let the QBFD fix the damaged network and the company file
Method 2- Rename.ND &.TLG files in QuickBooks:
Corrupted.ND and.TLG files might be the reason for error message 6123. Walkthrough the below steps for renaming the configuration files in QuickBooks that force the QB to generate new ones without error:
- Initially open the Windows file manager
- Locate QuickBooks installation Directory
- Generally, QB Desktop is installed in the below location:
- C: \ Users\ Public\ Public Documents\Intuit\ QuickBooks\.
- Search the files with a name identical to the company file however with the .TLG and .ND extension
- Give a right click on each file
- Choose Rename tab
- Now add at the file name ends “.OLD FILE”
- Open the QuickBooks and then the company file
Method 3- Restart all the systems connected in a Network:
Follow the below instructions to assist you in restarting the systems including server and workstations to fix the QB error 6190:
- Open the server hosting company data file
- Restart it
- Now restart the workstation linked in the network
- Open the server with QuickBooks
- Next, run it on the other workstations
- If the error persists then here are the steps to move the company data file to the local storage.
Method 4- Move the company file of the QuickBooks to the local storage:
Follow the steps:
- The initial step is to open the Server
- Copy the company file
- Next, Launch “QuickBooks Desktop”
- After this, use the local storage to access the company file
- If still, you face the error then it is a better option to use the diagnostic tool to repair the QuickBooks Desktop
Hopefully, the troubleshooting guide helped you to fix the issue! However, if the error persists or the computer triggers the same error code, then get in touch with the professional team. The experts with knowledge of the QB help you to fix the errors in time. So, what you are thinking? If you face any difficulty, then instead of rounding across the same error get assistance.
What primary issues do I get for QB error 6190?
- The window crashes with error message 6190 816
- System freezes up periodically
- The computer crashes the active window
How would I check single-user mode to resolve error 6190 in QuickBooks?
- Restart the system
- Next copy the data file to a different location instead of the source
- Now again paste it to the original location
- Enter the credentials to log in to the QuickBooks
What can be the other 6000 series error message?
- QB error code -6000
- QB error code -6000 -304
- QB error code -6000 -301
- QB error code -6000 -77
- QB error code -6000 -80