Do you want to update QuickBooks to 2021? To update QuickBooks, users can use the internal feature or manually download and install the update. Users also have the option to set up automatic updates, enabling QuickBooks to download the update files in the background and prompt the user when it’s ready. We recommend that you check for new updates at least once a month. Installing updates has many benefits including removal of errors and introduction of new features.
QuickBooks is a bookkeeping and accounting software used by hundreds of thousands of businesses owners and accountants around the globe. To make the most of QuickBooks, they must keep it updated to the latest version. Upgrade can only be done with a CD-ROM. If you are planning on updating your QuickBooks software, then read this quick guide to find out how to get the latest version from the internet. QuickBooks releases updates. These updates optimize the performance of the software, fix many known issues automatically, come at no extra cost, and are available for every release.
Updating and Upgrading QuickBooks are two different things. Updates are available at a higher frequency than upgrades. Once you upgrade, you must also upgrade your company file through the software.
Read More: Fix QuickBooks Update Error 15215 & Server Not Responding?
What are the Benefits of Using QuickBooks Desktop Version?
Updates often come from Intuit to QuickBooks. These updates include the year in which they were released, for example, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, etc. There are also certain benefits of updating the version of QuickBooks desktop application.
- You can update the security settings to provide better data protection.
- It ensures that user knowledge is free from errors.
- Using this software ensures that common security loops and bugs are resolved.
- Quickbooks keeps track of your invoices and data files in real-time, increasing efficiency and managing finances better than ever before.
- Characteristics of optimization and more.
QuickBooks Desktop is the latest Release of QuickBooks Software.
We have released the 2022 release for QuickBooks desktop. The updated release comes with new features and functionalities that make accounting easy.
A User Management Feature That is Intuitive to Use
Managing user roles and permissions has now been made possible. People can now restrict users to do a particular activity.
You will now be able to send requests for the second admin.
In order to fix issues related to creating transactions for unpermitted customers, update the data level permission when you are unable to create transactions during batch enter transactions. When a vendor group has a credit balance greater than 0 and does not show correct results, update to the latest release.
Tax 1099s, NEC and MISC
With the 1099 MISC, 1099 NEC, and e-filing features, QuickBooks is the solution for accounting professionals who need to have their taxes done quickly.
Inventory Aging Report
The inventory aging report will detail the stocks and products. It will give you reports on the value, quality, age, and acquisition of each item.
Online Banking Has Improved
This feature lets you customize your columns and save rules for transactions. You can assign a customer in the Job tab to their expenses in their banking transaction table.
Steps to Update QuickBooks Desktop to Latest Release (Pro/Premier/Enterprise)
You can update your QuickBooks Desktop automatically or manually. If you enable Automatic Updates, QuickBooks downloads and installs the most recent updates as soon as they are available. There are four DIY methods to download the update from the internet. Each method would require you to have a fast and reliable internet connection.
- Automatic update method (default setting)
- On-demand (immediate) update method
- Release download
- Manual update
After you download the updates, you can get all the important company files to their correct locations. Once you receive a notification, your software program will automatically prompt you to install the updates. Sometimes, it is necessary to restart QuickBooks for them to take effect. If you have QuickBooks installed in multi-user mode, then it is important that all users have the updates installed. It may also be wise to seek professional advice or assistance if you are using QuickBooks in multi-user mode.
Set up Automatic QuickBooks Updates
To set up automatic updates in QuickBooks Desktop, follow the steps provided below:
- Click on Help from the main menu.
- Click on Update QuickBooks Desktop.
- From the Update Now tab, select Reset Update. This clears all the previously downloaded update files.
- Click on Get Updates. This will start the download process.
- Once the files are downloaded, restart QuickBooks.
- Click on Install when QuickBooks prompts you to install the updates.
Download and Install Automatic Updates Now
- First of all, open QuickBooks and then use the Update tab. After that, select Help > Update.
- Once you have done that, you need to click on the Update Now tab, in the update QuickBooks screen.
- Next, you need to uninstall the previous updates and tick mark the ‘reset update’ box before installing all of the new updates.
- Now select Get updates icon.
- You need to close the application in order to restart it.
You Can Disable the Automatic Updates Feature in Your System Settings.
- Go to the Help menu and click on Update QuickBooks.
- Check the Options tab in the Update QuickBooks window.
Some users prefer to install the update at a later time. QuickBooks has a unique feature that can facilitate you in the same. To schedule an update for a later time, follow the steps provided below:
- Click on Help from the main menu.
- Select Update QuickBooks Desktop.
- From the Options tab, mark Yes for Automatic Updates.
- Also mark Yes for Shared Download if you want to share the downloaded files with other computers.
- Click on Close.
Whenever updates are available, QuickBooks will download them automatically in the background, but the ultimate choice to install the update will rest with the admin user.
Read More: Know about latest QuickBooks Desktop 2021.
Steps for QuickBooks Manual Update
To manually download and install QuickBooks, follow the steps provided below:
- Close all programs.
- In the Start menu, right click on QuickBooks Desktop, and select ‘Run as Administrator.’
- Don’t open any company file. Still from the ‘No company Open Screen’, select the Help menu.
- Click on Update QuickBooks Desktop.
- From the Options tab, click on Mark All.
- Select Save.
- From the Update Now tab, select Reset Updates.
- When ready, click on Get Updates.
- Once the update files are downloaded, restart QuickBooks.
- Click on Yes to confirm the installation of the update.
- Restart your system.
In some cases, users have reported errors when installing updates on a workstation. An easy alternative to avoid errors is to download the update files manually from the internet. To update QuickBooks after downloading files from the internet, follow the steps provided below:
- Go to this Link.
- Enter a country.
- Enter a product.
- Select the Version (Year).
- Click on Search.
- Mark the files to download, and click on Get Updates.
- Launch the downloaded file to install updates.
This way, you can update QuickBooks on all workstations without encountering any errors. This has reportedly solved many errors and issues in QuickBooks for many users.
If you’re planning to install the updates on workstations, it is better to first update the software on the server. This can help you to avoid multiple errors and issues that arise in this accounting software.
Updates are available for QuickBooks users in a few clicks. You might be experiencing problems with the update feature or you want to install the most current updates to your company file. Download and install updates through the update feature so that all copies of your company file are updated.
QuickBooks Payroll Update
Users who’ve subscribed to Payroll can download the latest tax tables from Intuit’s website. However, an easier way is to download the latest tax tables within QuickBooks. To do so, follow the steps provided below:
- Click on Employees from the main menu.
- Click on Get Payroll Updates.
- Click on Download Entire Update checkbox.
- Click on Download Latest Updates.
In case you get QuickBooks payroll update error , get in touch with our professionals to fix it on time.
QuickBooks Pro and Premier: Download updates for multi-user mode
If you are using QuickBooks on more than one computer, make sure to install updates on every system. Connect your computers to the internet, download and install the updates, and then distribute them to multiple computers.
Steps to share the updates
- You must open the Shared company files in order to use this app.
- To update QuickBooks, go to the Help menu and click on Update QuickBooks.
- Go to the Options tab.
- Set Yes for the Share Download option.
- Next, hit the Save button.
Once you install all the updates, they will be shared to all computers. You can find these updates in your company files located in QuickBooks where, after turning on the share option, your company files are opened. Now it’s time to install new releases of the accounting software and make sure that your company files remain accessible.
Once all the latest tax tables are downloaded, you’ll receive a confirmation message. QuickBooks users also have the option to turn on automatic updates for payroll tax tables.
To know more, you can get in touch with our QuickBooks experts at our LIVE CHAT.
Frequently Asked Questions
Should I uninstall QuickBooks before upgrading?
It’s best to upgrade your QuickBooks software with caution. To ensure that everything goes smoothly and your data stays secure, users should disconnect their computer from the internet and clean their system before updating the software.
How much does upgrading QuickBooks cost? Is it free?
Yes, it’s free to upgrade QuickBooks. You will get a notification on your device when the updates are available and you must click “Update” to install them.
How long does it take to upgrade QuickBooks?
It takes a few minutes to upgrade QuickBooks. The timeframe is 25-30 minutes if the update goes without any errors or malfunction.
Read Similar Topics:
How to Update QuickBooks Enterprise with the Latest Version?