If you are using the QuickBooks, you can easily track your business activities and can manage the business accounts. The QuickBooks provides the best options for the account management and account data storage. There can be various types of the data in this software. You can store the complete data of the business transactions, customers, clients and products. QuickBooks is software and there can be any error in the software. The invalid product number message is one of these errors.
One of the most common errors QuickBooks POS users encounter while utilizing QB Point of Sale is Error 176109. This usually occurs when a user tries to register or open a POS, and it displays an error message “Invalid Product Code / Invalid Product Number” on their computer screen.
If you are also facing this error messages, it will be very irritating for you too. No user wants to get any error in his QuickBooks. So we are here to provide the best solution to your problem. To know about the solution, we have to know about the reasons of this error first.
What is the Meaning of QuickBooks Error 176109?
QuickBooks Error 176109 is an invalid product number. If you install or activate QuickBooks Desktop POS and get the error message, “Error code 176109: Invalid Product Code or Invalid Product Number,” it’s important to address this issue.
There could be other reasons for this problem: incorrect product activation key, a new QuickBooks installation, data locking errors or new triggers. Check the next section of this guide for more information on these and other causes.
What Technical Issues Triggers Error 176109 in Point of Sale
QuickBooks Point of Sale can be hard to configure, especially if you have an extensive inventory. Here’s a list of some of the reasons why you’d see error code 176109 in QuickBooks Point of Sale.
1. Damaged Files
The QuickBooks contains many files of different data. The invalid product number message can occur due to any damaged file in the Point of Sale Entitlement folder.
2. Incorrect Product Code
This error message can come due to the incorrect product code. When the incorrect product code is used for the desktop installation of QuickBooks point of sale.
3. Log Out As Admin
If you are facing this error message in your QuickBooks, it can be because you are not logged in to your windows account as an admin. These are some common reasons for the occurrence of this problem in your QuickBooks.
Before Going To Resolve This Issue, You Need To Make Sure About The Below Points
- Before continuing with investigating, try to take a backup of your company data record.
- Check QuickBooks POS for refreshes, as you will require the most recent variant of Point of an offer to determine the issue.
- You need to erase the privilege organizer from windows that is a secret folder so change the windows settings to show covered-up files.
Show Hidden Files In Windows 7 And Windows Vista:
- Hit the first click on the Windows Start button and select My Computer.
- Go to the Company tab, you have to choose the Folder and Search Options.
- Under the View tab, click Show Hidden Files and Folders.
- Presently unmark Hide Protected System Operating Files and click Yes.
- Click Apply and afterward Click OK.
How To View Hidden Files In Windows 8 And 8.1?
- First of all, open Windows Explorer by squeezing Windows + E on the console.
- Then, choose the File Extension under the View tab
- Hit the last click on the Hidden Items.
How To View The Hidden Files In Windows 10?
- In the first step, click the Folder symbol at the lower part of the screen in the System Tray.
- Then, hit the click on the Hidden Items under the View tab.
How To Resolve Invalid Product Message Number In QuickBooks?
If you want to get rid of this error message, you have to enable the hidden folders and then you can use the following solutions for it:
1. Step One: Delete Contents Of The Entitlement Client Folder
- You have to navigate to the folder by path C:\Program Data\Intuit\Entitlement Client\v8.
- Then you will select all files and delete these files.
- After deletion of these files you will restart the QuickBooks and register on the software again.
- It will probably solve the problem.
2. Step Two: Rename The WSActivity File
When you’re running your QuickBooks Desktop POS and you run across an error message about a product number, the problem is most likely a damaged file in the WS Activity file. Once you rename the file, QuickBooks will no longer recognize it and will create a new one for its operations.
- You will go to the path C:\Program Data\Intuit\QuickBooks Point of Sale XX\Ini.
- Then choose the WSactivity file and rename this file to the OLDWSactivity.
- After renaming this file, you will follow the first solution.
- Then restart the QuickBooks point of sale on your system and check if the problem is solved.
3. Step Three: Clean Re-Installation
QuickBooks errors can be difficult to diagnose and fix, but fortunately they’re incredibly easy to resolve! All you need to do is reinstall QuickBooks Desktop with the instructions below.
If you are still facing the problem of this error message, you should try to perform a clean re-installation. You should clean all data and re-install the QuickBooks point of sale on your system. You should make the backup of your data file before it because there can be any loss of data.
To delete the QBPOSDBSrvUSER Windows user, on a Windows 10 computer, firstly copy the POS data folder to the desktop and rename it by appending .OLD at the end. Afterwards, you will need to undertake steps below in order to rectify QuickBooks POS invalid product number:
- Go to the Control Panel from the Start menu and click User Accounts.
- Next, choose Manage another account and hit Continue.
- Go to the account list and click on QBPOSDBSrvUSER. You’ll see a box that says “Delete” beside it. Click on it, then choose to delete the account.
- To update the product number in QuickBooks, you should move the folder to a new location and restart your computer.
Need Professional Help?
These solutions will help you to solve the problem of the invalid product message number error. If you are unable to solve the problem by these solutions or you are unable to use the solutions, you can contact to the online support. They will provide the QuickBooks technical support for every problem.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why Invalid Product Message Numbers In QuickBooks Occur?
The causes due to which this error appears are when the contents of the Point of Sale entitlement are damaged or missing. The product number or product is utilized to install the QuickBooks Point of Sale to the QuickBooks desktop.
What Is The Invalid Product Message Number In QuickBooks?
This typical error appears when a user tries to register or open the Point of Sale application. An error message “Invalid Product Number/ Invalid Product Code” appears on your screen repeatedly until you fix it.
What Is The Best Way To Fix The Invalid Product Message Number In QuickBooks?
Go to the Windows start menu and then search for the “Control Panel” section. All options will appear on your screen, the user has to choose the “Programs and features” or uninstall a program. Make sure you choose the most recent release to update your QuickBooks. Then follow installation guidelines until the program is not finished. Then, open your QuickBooks to check whether the issue is fixed or not.