QuickBooks is easily one of the most preferred accounting software these days. However, some users have complained that they face the qbcfmonitorservice not running, keeps stopping or failed to start issue too regularly on computers. Are you one of them? We understand it can be really annoying when you are in the middle of something very important.
You won’t face this issue anymore! Yes, we will provide some easy methods to resolve the qbcf monitor service not running on server & keeps crashing issue. Just go through this post!
Read More: What are the reasons behind QBDBMGRN not running on this computer?
What are the simple ways to fix the qbcfmonitorservice Not Running error on your computer?
Follow these steps to resolve QBCFMonitorService not running issues
Step 1. Restart the QBCFMonitorService manually
- Press Ctrl + Alt + Del together to open the ‘Task Manager’ window
- Go to the ‘Processes’ tab.
- Right-click the ‘QBCFMonitorService.exe’ process
- Select ‘End Task’.
- Click ‘Yes’ to confirm
- Open the QuickBooks application again.
Step 2. Perform a full scan on your computer
Use a comprehensive antivirus to perform a full system scan. Please make sure the antivirus scans all types of malware or infections including worms, viruses, rootkits, Trojans and ransomware. After completing the scan, restart the computer and check if the issue exists or not.
Step 3. Update the settings of your firewall
Make the modifications given below to ensure your firewall does not block QuickBooks from connecting with the server:
- Update the Firewall software on your computer (Configure Firewall & Internet Security Settings for QuickBooks)
- Add QuickBooks to the list of exceptions from being scanned
- Check if the ports through which QuickBooks communicates with the server are blocked
- If you find the ports to be blocked, you need do the necessary configuration manually to open them. This will enable QuickBooks re-establish communication with the server.
Step 4. Repair your windows registry
One of the reasons why you face the qbcfmonitorservice not running on server issue is that some errors related to the QBCFMonitorService.exe file creeps into the Windows registry. In this case, you will need to repair the registry by following the steps below-
- Take a back up of the Windows registry.
- Start removing errors corresponding to the QBCFMonitorService.exe file.
- Restart the application and check if the issue exists.
Read More: QuickBooks not responding when opening company file – what to do?
Step 5. Verify the QuickBooks Multi-User Hosting Set Up on the Server
- Go to the QuickBooks Desktop and click the ‘File’ tab
- Move the cursor over ‘Utilities’
- Select ‘Host Multi-User’ access
- Click ‘Yes’ to confirm
- Make sure that the option of hosting only on the server is activated
- Make sure that none of the workstation computers is running the Multi-User Hosting
- Now open QuickBooks and click the ‘File’ tab again
- If you notice the option named ‘Switch to Single-User Mode’, it will mean that QuickBooks is running in the ‘Multi-User’ Mode. In that case, you need to click at the option to change to the ‘Single-User’
- If you notice the option named ‘Switch to Multi-User Mode’, it will mean that QuickBooks is already running in the ‘Single-User’ Mode. In that case, you do not need to make any changes.
Step 6. Install the latest QuickBooks Database Manager Server updates
- Click the ‘Update Now’ tab and check all the QuickBooks releases and features
- Click on ‘Get Updates’. The application will now install the available updates
- Once the updating completes, restart QuickBooks Desktop on the server and the workstations.
Step 7. Set Up the QuickBooks Database Manager Service
- Press Windows + R to launch the ‘Run’ menu
- Type ‘Services.msc’
- Click ‘OK’ to proceed
- In the list of services, find the ‘QuickBooks DBXX’ service
- If you notice the service status is marked as ‘Stopped’, right click the service name and select ‘Properties’
- Go to the ‘General’ tab
- Change the ‘Startup Type’ from ‘Manual’ to ‘Automatic’
- Now visit the ‘Log on’ tab and change the option to ‘Local System Account from This Account’
- Go to the ‘Recovery’ tab
- From the drop-down list of the ‘first failure, second failure, and subsequent failure’, click ‘Restart the Service’.
- Click ‘Apply’
- Click ‘OK’ to complete
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Most asked questions related to causes of QBCFMonitorService not running on server or computer?
Q: When can you get the QBCFMonitorService not running error on your computer?
This error mostly occurs with the QBCFMonitorService.exe file when you are starting the QuickBooks software. It may also occur when you try to access any file in your QuickBooks.
Q: What are the causes of the QBCFMonitorService not running on this computer error, qbcfmonitorservice service terminated unexpectedly?
This error may be caused by one or more of the below-mentioned reasons-
- The QBCFMonitorService.exe file may have got corrupted by a virus/malware.
- Some errors may have crept into the Windows registry corresponding to the QBCFMonitorService.exe file
- Internet access to the QuickBooks files may have been blocked by the firewall on your computer.
- The QBCFMonitorService.exe file may have been deleted mistakenly by some programs.
- Some programs may have been in conflict with the QBCFMonitorService.exe file.
- The QuickBooks software has not been installed properly and completely on your computer.
Q: QuickBooks multiuser issue, getting qbcfmonitorservice.exe error, Files\Intuit\QuickBooks\QBCFMonitorService.exe why its keeps crashing?
You can run the QuickBooks Database Server Manager on your server & check full version of QuickBooks on your server computer, first, turn on multi-user hosting. After that you can add services to your Windows admin group on your server. You need to confirm that your server computer is set to allow QuickBooks through your firewall. When you’re done, start QuickBooks on your workstations. If everything opens properly, the problem is corrected.
Read More: What to do when QuickBooks Database Server stopped working?
Q: Is taking a back up necessary before starting the fixing qbcfmonitorservice process?
Yes. Ensure taking a back up of your QuickBooks desktop Company file before starting any fixing operation. This is to prevent any unexpected data loss during the operation. Also keep the installation CDs of both QuickBooks and MS Windows nearby, in case you need to reinstall them.