Auto Data Recovery tool is a built-in feature in QuickBooks enriched with a bunch of alluring recovery options. This software ensures data security when it is being activated. This option is firstly developed in the Pro and Premier accounting system. Later you can use it in the Enterprise edition 2012 as well. Users widely use this feature because it keeps the data unchanged without any financial data loss. The below article is rounded up with the guide to use the auto data recovery tool in QuickBooks to recover the file.
How Intuit ADR helps in file recovery?
Most of the time you can use the Intuit Data services to recover corrupted files. In this use the ADR for fast data recovery. Here are the scenarios in which you can use the Data recovery tool:
- Fix lost transaction via current transaction log file and company file copy
- Resolve the transactions with a copy of both the Transaction log and company file.
What are the things you need to consider before using the Auto data recovery tool?
- Auto Data Recovery feature is available in Premier, Pro, and Enterprise solutions
- Accountants Editions does not contain The ADR option
- The file size of ADR limitation is up to 1.5 Gigabytes. In case the backup file is larger than 1.5 Gigabytes then QuickBooks failed to create an ADR file.
- You have to check out the latest updates of the QuickBooks Desktop to maximize the option.
How to use the original .QBW.adr and Original.TLG file to recover recent transactions?
Follow the below steps to use the original ADR and Transaction log file version of the company file to recover transactions:
- Firstly you have to create a new folder on the system Desktop and label it as QBTest
- Now open the folder with the company file; it usually appears on the product information window & no “company open” screen
- Search for the .tlg file in the company file folder; it has the same name as the company file
- Use the shortcut Windows+E buttons to launch File Explorer
- Choose to Organize then give a click on the Folder
- Hit Options
- Choose Hide extensions for the file types that are known
- Hit Apply option and then give a click on the OK
- Now copy the .tlg file of the company file
- Next, paste it to the folder which says QBTest on the Desktop
- Locate the folder labeled QuickBooksAutoRecovery. It will appear in the same location as the Company file
- Now you have to copy the .QBW.adr file
- Paste the copied content to the folder named QBTest
- The QBTest folder now contain .QBW.adr & .tlg file
- Search the .QBW.adr fle in the QBTest folder
- Choose Rename
- Now delete .adr at the file end
- Open the QuickBooks
- Locate the QBTest folder to open the company file
- Now use the account register option to confirm the transactions on it
- Choose the File button then click Utilities
- Check Data to verify the recovered file integrity
- If the company file copy is good then move the corrupted company file to any other location & transfer the copy from the folder named QBTest to the actual location
Here the article completes! We know the methods with technological-based steps might be difficult to implement or binds to have errors. Hence it is common for the system can come down with errors at any time some time it would be an unexpected error where there is a need for experts’ advice. So if you face any difficulty in performing any of the steps above or need to know more then contact the professional to drive toward easy troubleshooting resolutions in less time.
Can I use TLG.adr and .QBW.adr files to recover the file?
Yes, In this method, both.TLG and QBW files are used. Here are the steps:
- The initial thing is to create a folder on the system
- Give a name to the created folder as QBTest
- Now open the folder which says QuickBooksAutoRecovery
- Find the extension of files named TLG.adr and QBW.adr and copy both of them
- Paste in the new folder which says QBTest Folder
Is there any limitation in using the QuickBooks auto data recovery tool?
It is a secure file used to fix many errors and help you to recover corrupted data. The only drawback you can say is the backup file would not be created if it is above 1.5GB.
How would I find the file extensions?
- Open File Explorer
- Click Organize
- Select Folder & search options
- Click the View button
- Hit “File name extension”
- Select “Hide extension for known file types”
- At last, select Apply
- Hit Ok
Few Good Reads:
- How to recover QuickBooks Payroll files missing after restoring using older company file?
- How to Fix WDDM Service Not Running In QuickBooks?
- How to Fix QuickBooks Missing Name List Problem?
- QuickBooks Error After Update, Would company file be safe?
- How to Fix When QuickBooks Backup Failed (Unable to Restore Company File)?