QuickBooks cannot communicate with the company file is a network error that may occur because of internet issues or windows firewall. To resolve this error, first check your internet connection and then create firewall rules to enable network access for QB.
In this article, you’ll learn how to resolve this error.
Configuring firewall settings can help QuickBooks connect to the server that the company file is stored on.
Windows firewalls, in some cases, may block network connections related to QuickBooks. However, you can create rules to enable these network connections. You’ll have to create both inbound and outbound rules for certain ports as well as programs.
After you’ve created the rules, the firewall will not block network connections related to QuickBooks from those specific ports.
To create an inbound firewall rule to enable network connection for QuickBooks, follow the steps provided below:
- Type Windows Firewall, in the start menu.
- Choose Advanced Settings.
- Select Inbound Rules and choose New Rules.
- Choose Port, and then Next.
- Click on TCP and input the Specific Local Ports. Each version of QuickBooks requires access to specific ports, which you’ll learn about later in this article.
- Select Next.
- Select Allow the Connection.
- Select Next.
- Ensure that all port profiles are selected. Then click on Next.
- Input a name for the inbound rule. A name helps to remember the rule that was created if you ever need to make changes or delete the rule.
- Click on Finish.
To create outbound rules, follow the same steps except instead of the inbound rules, select outbound rules in step number 3.
Once the new rules are created, the firewall will no longer block connections of QuickBooks through the mentioned ports.
Let’s come to the port numbers. While versions before 2019 have specific ports, versions 2019 and above have dynamic ports. These dynamic ports aren’t shared by another program and are specifically created for QuickBooks.
Ports for versions before 2019 are provided below:
- v2017: 8019, 56727, 55373-55377.
- v2018: 8019, 56728, 55378-55382.
Dynamic port numbers for 2019 and later versions of QuickBooks have this pattern: 8019, XXXXX. XXXXX.
Follow the steps provided below to retrieve the port number for your version of QuickBooks:
- In the start menu, search for QuickBooks Database Server Manager & launch it.
- Go to the Port Monitor tab and look for the QB version installed on your system.
- Use the port numbers mentioned to create firewall rules and enable connections for QB.
You can click on Renew to create a new dynamic port number. But when you create a new dynamic port number, you need to follow the steps below:
- Open the Scan Folders tab.
- Click on Scan Now.
By doing this, you can reset firewall permissions for QuickBooks.
Note: just to reiterate, you can generate dynamic port numbers for versions older than v2019.
After creating custom firewall rules for ports, you need to create an exception for the QuickBooks program files.
To do so, you can follow the steps provided below:
- Go to the Start menu.
- Click on Windows Firewall.
- Go to the Advanced Settings.
- Select Inbound Rules and click on New Rule.
- Select Program. Click on Next.
- Click on This Program Path. Select Browse.
- Select the executable file that you want to add an exception for.
- Click on Allow the Connection. Select Next.
- Click on Next.
- Add a name for the rule and click on Finish.
Repeat the steps and add an exception for the program by creating a new outbound rule.
Not only windows firewalls but also third-party security software can block connections related to QuickBooks. You may need to add QuickBooks as an exception in all the third-party security software to resolve your errors.
The steps for the same can be found by connecting to the seller of the security software. Each software may have its own unique steps, so you may have to repeat the process several times.
Once you’ve created both the rules, you should restart your system and check for errors in QB. The errors should now be resolved. If they aren’t, then your company file may be damaged.
Internet Explorer is still used as the default browser by QuickBooks to connect to various online services. If IE doesn’t function properly or the settings aren’t optimized for QB, then you’ll get network errors.
To fix internet explorer settings, follow the steps provided below:
- Use an admin account to log into Windows.
- Go to the Start menu, and Click on Internet Explorer.
- From the Command Bar, select Tools.
- Select Internet Options, and click on the Security tab.
- Click on Trusted Sites, then Sites.
- Click on the Add column, and type in *.intuit.com.
- From the Trusted Sites window, deselect Require server verification.
- Dissect Enable Protected Mode.
- Close Internet Explorer.
Further, you should set internet explorer as your default search engine to check if the error resolves. To set internet explorer as your default search engine, follow the steps provided below:
- Launch Internet Explorer.
- Click on the Gear Icon and select Tools.
- Select Internet Options & go to Programs tab.
- Select Make Default from the Default Web Browser section.
- Click on Ok.
Resolving unexpected behavior can be tricky. However, turning off notifications in IE can help. Follow the steps below to do the same:
- Launch Internet Explorer and go to Tools.
- From the Internet Options go to the Advanced tab.
- Remove the checkmark against Display a notification about every script error box.
- Click on ok.
This can solve any script errors related to QuickBooks. Further, you may be able to connect QuickBooks with its company file by following these steps.
In some cases, damaged files related to QuickBooks, especially the company file, may lead to this error. You can use QuickBooks file doctor to resolve this error. It is a free software that can be used to scan the company file and fix any related errors.
The software is available for free and is provided by Intuit. So, you don’t have to worry about any security issues if you download the tool from the official website.
The tool scans through the entire company file. After that, it lists all the errors it found. Then you can select the errors and fix them automatically.
For errors that can’t be fixed by the software, you’ll have to get in touch with a third-party service provider to get your data recovered. Our experts can help you with the same.
QuickBooks cannot communicate with the company file because of network or company file issues. You can configure your system properly and change network and firewall settings to resolve this error. In rare cases, you may have to rely on QuickBooks file doctor to fix the company file.
If you can’t resolve the error, then get in touch with our experts at our LIVE CHAT.
Frequently asked questions
Q. What if QuickBooks cannot communicate with the company file?
A. Such cases usually result from network or company file errors. You can follow the steps provided in this article to resolve this error. We’ve also listed tools that can help you in resolving this error.
Q. Can I change custom firewall rules in future?
A. You can alter firewall rules anytime you wish to. However, you need to remember the name of the rule, or you won’t be able to access the rule that you created by the steps given in this post.
Q. Would my data be secure if I give QuickBooks access to certain network ports?
A. It will be as safe as it was before. Ports used by QuickBooks are secure. The rest depends upon your network connection and security software.