QuickBooks Accounting software is one of the most popular software that has made the professional life of accountants and bookkeepers all over the world a lot easier than before. This feature rich software comes with user friendly intuitive interface in combination with powerful tools that ensure timely completion of financial activities with least scope of errors. It also offers powerful integration opportunity with other third-party application and programs like Windows Word, Excel, and PDF etc.
PDFs generation plays a primary role in an accounting system while managing reports, forms, or downloading transactions. So, whenever the user tries saving files in PDF if the QuickBooks freezes or is unable to create a PDF of the same. It would be an annoying situation associated with printing and mailing issues. This sudden closing of the printing report might be because of the incorrect printer connectivity or an issue with the functional components of the driver. The below post will teach you how to tackle QuickBooks unable to create PDF.
The integration with applications generally do not cause much hassle for the user, at times one might end up with problems like printing of the document in PDF format is not successful. The QuickBooks Software states that the user does not carry Adobe PDF through which printing needs to be completed. However, the user currently does carry Adobe on their system. To illustrate more on this issue, user might face any of the following messages along with the error elaborating what area of the system or software is causing the issue to crop up:
- There is a problem connecting to your currently selected printer, Microsoft XPS Document writer on XPS port.
- Could not print to printer.
- Error: QuickBooks can’t complete the current action due to a missing component: Missing PDF file component.
- PDF Converter shows offline.
- You cannot print directly to the QuickBooks PDF Converter.
- QuickBooks is not responding.
- The device is not ready.
- Unable to save as .pdf file.
- QuickBooks could not save your form or reports as a .pdf.
- QuickBooks freezes when you try to reconcile accounts.
- Print Driver Host for 32-bit Applications has Stopped Working.
- Unrecoverable error.
- QuickBooks PDF Converter Activation Error -20, -30, or -41.
- Error 1722 or 1801 when installing PDF Converter.
Intuit offers three main solutions for this PDF not printing error. It is quite possible that the first solution itself might resolve the error or user may need to follow all three solutions to get desired results. Thus it is recommended that user should follow the same format the resolutions are illustrated in to garner best result and also make sure they try to print PDF after every error resolution in order to know which solution worked the best.
What are the significant causes of QuickBook’s unable to create PDFs?
Here is the list of reasons:
- There might be a non-functional part driver
- Direct print not found from the QuickBooks PDF converter
- The device is not prepared to print the file
- QB system freezes when accounts are linked together
- Printer connectivity issues
- The PDF converter is not responding
How to resolve QuickBooks cannot create PDF issues?
Walkthrough the below steps to resolve the QB unable to create PDF error:
Method 1- Download & Run QB PDF and Print repair utility:
- Initially, you require transferring and executing the QB PDF repair tool
- Now try running the. PDF file that creates the issue
- Reboot the system
- Use the XPS Document writer elements to save PDFs as QuickBooks with the below steps:
- Locate the Notepad
- Enter anything
- Find the left part of the file and then choose print
- Click on the XPS Document author
- Choose Print
- Hit on Desktop
- Now you require locating the Desktop and verifying if you understand the XPS document from the tablet
Method 2- Change XPS Document writer for Windows User Permissions:
- Open the printers section in the Windows Control Panel
- Find the Microsoft XPS Document Writer
- Give a right-click on it
- Locate the Printer properties
- Choose Security tab
- Now you require settling on the Everyone user cluster
- Once everyone group is not found on the menu
- Click Add option
- Find the field enter Everyone
- Select Check Names
- Click OK
- Hit Allow column, select Print tab
- Click OK
- Locate Windows Explorer and follow C:\Windows\System32\Spool in
- Search and give a right-click on Printers option
- Choose Properties tab
- Click Security option
- Select Edit tab and then hit Add
- Enter Local service
- Hit Enter button
- Make sure the local service with Full Control tab
- Select OK
- You require to open the QuickBooks
- Next create a .pdf file
Method 3- Prevent the Print Spooler using Terminal services:
- You require to open the Printers option in the Windows Control Panel
- Search the Microsoft XPS Document Writer and give a right-click
- Choose Printer properties
- Click Advanced option
- Hit Print Directory to printer
- Select Ok
- Close the Printer properties
Method 4- Repair MSXML 6.0:
To repair the MSXML 6.0 you need to run System File Checker. Here are the steps to use the built-in feature to fix the Windows files:
- First of all, move your mouse to the upper right corner of the window
- Enter Command
- Locate the List menu and then give a right-click on Command Prompt
- Select the Option named Run as administrator
- The prompt will ask you for the Administrator password
- Enter the admin password and choose Allow tab
- It will display cmd window
- Write sfc/scannow
- Press Enter button
Method 5- Reinstall Microsoft XPS Document Writer:
Here are the steps to check enabled XPS services:
- Open the Explorer Windows by pressing the shortcut Windows button+E
- Hit the Computer option in the upper left corner of the screen
- Choose Uninstall /Change a program, below the System group
- Hit Turn Windows options on or off under on the left
- Scroll down and then turn on both XPS viewer and XPS services
- Insert a checkmark in both fields
- If any of the boxes are not permitted then give a click on the OK button
- Now test both QuickBooks once enabling both services to fix the error
Method 6- Reinstall the XPS Document Writer in Windows 8:
- Move over the Mouse to the upper right corner of the Windows to reveal the Start window
- Hit Settings tab
- Choose Control Panel
- Select Devices and Printers option
- Locate the Microsoft XPS Document Writer
- Give a right-click and select Remove device
- Hit the Yes button to confirm
- Click on the toolbar, hit Add a printer
- Choose the Add a local printer/network printer with manual settings
- Choose Add printer using the toolbar
- Hit PORTPROMPT: Local Port if you using an existing port
- Click Next tab
- Choose Microsoft listed in the manufacturer list
- Select Microsoft XPS Document writer v4
- Hit Next button
- Select tab named Replace the current driver tab
- Click Next button
- In the field named Printer Name take out the V4 from the Name
Hope the write-up is worthy and beneficial! If the error persists or you need to get further assistance about the QuickBooks cannot create the PDF error you can get in touch with the professional team. Use a live chat or phone number for instant resolutions!
What is Error: QuickBooks could not save your form as a PDF file?
PDF files can’t be emailed or printed when this error occurred – your forms were not sent because QuickBooks could not create the necessary PDF files. You will encounter this error whenever you try to email, print, or create a report. It can be seen on Windows 10 as well when you move to PDF files and then refresh the PC.
Furthermore, Intuit also advises users to update their software to latest version and upgrade option. The three solutions are:
- Using Print and PDF Repair Tool
- First step is to visit QuickBooks site and locate the link for QuickBooks Print and PDF Repair tool.
- Click on the link to download and install the tool.
- Once the installation is complete, let the tool repair the damaged file. Now again try to use .pdf file because of which the error crop up.
- It is possible that the issue is resolved. However, if the error still persists, restart the system and again try to resolve the error.
[Note – In case the user is unable to print with XPS printer even out of QuickBooks then the user needs to get in touch with their IT support team or Microsoft assistance since the XPS Writer is not considered to be one of Intuit product.]
- User employs Windows but not Terminal Services
- Ensure that the XPS printer is not at fault by employing it on a document apart from one of QuickBooks.
- If the issue is with the software, the user needs to reinstall the Microsoft XPS Document Writer.
- Reconfigure user permissions and restriction in the Windows as per XPS Document Writer.
- Reset settings regarding the security aspect of the software.
- Repair, reconfigure or reinstall MSXML 6.0.
- For the purpose of the form a new template needs to be created.
- Ignore the print spooler (for Terminal Services only).
- Ensure Reconcile Window is not malfunctioning beyond the software
[Note – In case the QuickBooks software seems to lock again and again once the option of reconcile is selected from the drop-down menu of Banking, however, the PDF feature is working properly then it may be a probability that the reconcile window might be appearing beyond the software as well.]
- Select the menu of the Windows and locate reconcile window in the list to make sure it is included.
- Select the tab labeled Close All to start the process of reconcile again.
The above illustrated steps ensure that the user can easily resolve the error of PDF feature under which the print of the same is not working, manually. However, for any issue in following the steps QuickBooks expert team can be approached. Moreover, if there is any issue in connecting with the team of QuickBooks for the same user can connect with us at our live chat option on our website – https://fastfix247.com/.
What If I need to know about reconciling window status to fix the QuickBooks cannot create PDF?
- Click the Window menu to view the reconciled window
- Select the Close All button
- Now start the reconcile window
How can I test Microsoft XPS Document writer?
- Give a click on the Open file button
- Choose Print option
- Click printer as “Microsoft XPS Document Writer”
- Now save the file
How would I recover the Windows files in Windows 7?
- Locate Windows start option
- Choose All programs
- Click to the Accessories tab
- It will open Command Prompt and now right-click on it
- Select Run as Administrator tab
- The Prompt asks you for the Administrator Password, enter the admin password and then choose Allow
- Write cmd window, enter sfc/scannow
- Press Enter
More to Read:
- How to Fix When QuickBooks Not Printing (Checks, Invoices, PDF, Pay Checks, Pay Stubs, Forms, or Reports Correctly)?
- QuickBooks Stuck Installing ABS Pdf Driver
- Print to PDF not Working with QuickBooks Desktop
- How to Fix QuickBooks Printer Not Activated Error Code 20?
- How to Add a New Printer to QuickBooks?