One thing that makes QuickBooks advantageous for businesses is its compatibility with all major operating systems, including different versions of the Windows operating system. In 2015, Microsoft released its latest version, Windows 10. Almost immediately, QuickBooks released certain updates and made itself compatible with this version, much to the delight of its users. However, some users tend to ignore these updates and this may lead to compatibility issues while using QuickBooks on the Windows 10 platform.
Are you one of them? Don’t worry! We have it covered! In this blog, we will let you know certain important points you should know regarding how to make your QuickBooks Windows 10 Compatible.
How to Check the Version of Windows 10 on Your Computer?
Please carry out the following steps to check the Windows 10 version installed on your computer-
- Click the Start menu on your computer
- Type About Your PC
- Click on the About Your PC icon appearing on your screen
- Scroll down to look at the version of Windows 10 installed on your computer
Windows 10 Versions Compatible With QuickBooks
Now that you have learned how to check the Windows 10 version installed on your computer, let’s explore the Windows 10 versions compatible with QuickBooks-
- Windows 10 version 20H2 – QuickBooks Desktop 2021 is certified to be QuickBooks Windows 10 Compatible. It will work seamlessly with Windows 10 version 20H2. However, QuickBooks versions 2017-2019 are yet to be certified as fully compatible with this version.
- Windows 10 version 1803 – QuickBooks Desktop versions 2017- 2020 are certified to work well with this version of windows.
- Windows 10 version 1709 – QuickBooks Desktop versions 2017- 2020 are certified to work well with this version of windows.
- Windows 10, versions 1507, 1511, 1607, and 1703 – If you have any of these versions installed on your computer, we recommend you to update Windows to the latest release. Microsoft has discontinued technical support for these versions. Therefore, you may not have a smooth run while using QuickBooks with these versions.
Is QuickBooks 2015 QuickBooks Windows 10 Compatible?
We receive this question pretty often. QuickBooks 2015 will work well with Windows 10, but here is a condition. You must enable the .NET Framework 3.5on Windows. By default, this framework stays disabled on windows 10. Here are the steps you should perform to enable this framework on Windows 10 and make the 2015 version of QuickBooks Windows 10 Compatible:
- Click the Start button
- Press Windows + R keys on your keyboard
- The Run Window will open on your screen.
- Type in Control Panel on the text box
- Click the OK button
- Click the Uninstall a Program option
- Now select the Turn Windows features ON or OFF option
- A box will appear on your screen with the mention of .NET Framework 3.5 or .NET Framework 4.5.
- Make sure to activate/enable this option
- Now reboot the system for the change to take full effect.
Intuits keeps on performing regular tests on the QuickBooks software to check its compatibility with the newer versions and releases of the Windows operating system. From time to time, Intuit introduces new patches and updates so that QuickBooks works seamlessly with Windows 10. Therefore, you should upgrade to the latest versions and releases of QuickBooks, to continue enjoying a wonderful experience.
Read More: How to Fix When Automatic Windows 10 Upgrade Makes QuickBooks Stopped Working?
Frequently Asked Question (FAQs)
I am currently using QuickBooks 2016 R7. Is it Compatible with Windows 10?
Yes, it is! All versions of QuickBooks 2016 R7 or later are certified to work with Windows 10. This is definitely great news for all such users. For the users having a QB version earlier than R7, they just need to update QuickBooks to the latest version released.
Can I Use QuickBooks 2014 on Windows 10?
Please note that QuickBooks 2014 and earlier versions are not compatible with Windows 10. Using these versions on Windows 10 may create issues or most of the functions may not work properly. Therefore, we recommend you to upgrade to the newer versions of QuickBooks if you want to run the software on your Windows 10 system.
What are the New Updates Included in Windows 10?
If we compare to Windows 7, the start menu in Windows 10 is quite similar. However, Windows 10 now comes with a Virtual Desktop feature named the Task Switcher. Also, the latest version of .Net Framework, namely .Net 4.6, is included in Windows 10. The new browser named Microsoft Edge is another important feature on the Windows 10 operating system.
What are the Differences between the QuickBooks 2015 and 2016 versions?
Certain important differences between the QuickBooks 2015 and 2016 versions are as follows:
- The Pro, Enterprise & Premium versions of QuickBooks 2015 do not support bill tracker. But, all versions of QuickBooks 2016 supports bill tracker.
- QuickBooks 2015 does not feature bulk Clear Send Forms to delete multiple transactions. But, QuickBooks 2016 features bulk Clear Send Forms and enables the user to remove multiple transactions.
- QuickBooks 2015 does not have advanced reporting features. However, QuickBooks 2016 version provides advanced reporting features
Few More Reads:
QuickBooks 2017 Slow to Open – What to Do?