QuickBooks Desktop is a comprehensive solution developed and marketed by Intuit. . QuickBooks is one of the most widely used accounting software globally. Even though it is a user-friendly software there are certain circumstances where user can encounter some common error like “Connectivity error”. To resolve this error try the solution mentioned below or contact QuickBooks customer support.
Solutions for QuickBooks Connectivity Issues
User can encounter these connectivity issues when they are trying to open their company file. User will receive the following error message while they are trying to connect to QuickBooks Desktop or opening a company file.
Error: “Unable to connect to QuickBooks”
Error: “Please connect to a QuickBooks company file“
Here are a few steps which a user should follow in order to rectify this error:
- Check whether your QuickBooks is updated.
- Log in to your system as Administrator.
- If a user is using Microsoft Vista, 7 or 8 then make sure UAC is always set to On or Always Notify.
- Close all your QuickBooks file which are creating troubles (qbw32.exe), by using Windows Task Manager.
- Make sure you have only one Quickbooks company file is open.
- If any previous connection is still connected to your QuickBooks and you are unable to remove then go to Edit > Preferences > Integrated Applications.
- Refresh all your QuickBooks interface files which are saved in your system.
- Restart your system.
- Try to connect to QuickBooks Desktop again.
Here are a few steps which a user should follow in order to resolve this error. If this error still persist, then try to contact QuickBooks Customer Support. There are certain instances when a user is unable to connect with them and they look for other options. One such alternatives is FastFix.Com. They are QuickBooks consultant who have dealt with similar issues and will guide you till you have resolve it. To connect with them dial their toll free number 1-855-481-5335. You can also visit their website fastfix247.com and request for online chat support.