Once the QuickBooks desktop has been used for months at a time, some users start experiencing issues under which some fields are displayed with black rather than usual white. Considering the problem are faced by many users with their desktop version, Intuit has provided with more than 1 resolution. Although it is quite possible that first resolution itself could solve the issues, if not, then it is recommended to try other resolutions in the same sequence as illustrated below. Intuit tries to make sure that all the problems faced by users are fixed as soon as possible without the user losing out on time much. This error’s fix has not been updated within the software, however, the proficient customer support team setup by Intuit are quite adept in handling these errors and many other within limited time period. To resolve these issues methods are:
Method 1: Start the QuickBooks Desktop Software Again
User will be required to ensure QuickBooks Desktop process called QBW32.exe is turned off and not running in the background while this resolution is taking place by verifying it through Windows Task Manager through following steps:
- Click the Windows Start button to bring up the Start menu.
- Typetaskmgr and press This will open the Windows Task Manager.
- Click theProcesses tab to display the processes currently running on your computer.
In Windows 10: If the user does not have tabs, click the arrow at the bottom of the window that says More Details.
- Find a process namedQuickBooks (32 bit) or exe.
- Once the user find it, click it and then click theEnd Process or End Task button at the bottom of the window
- If the user does not find any instances of QBW32.exe or QuickBooks (32 bit), then all instances of QuickBooks have been closed.
If the issue still occurs, then try the next steps.
Method 2: Reboot the computer
Method 3: Run reboot.bat to re-register QuickBooks program files.
Method 4: Update the required video card drivers to the latest release.
- Press theWindows key + R on the keyboard to open the Run command.
- Typedxdiag and press Enter.
- Click onDisplay 1 and take a note of what the Manufacturer/Model
- User will have either nVidia, ATI (Radeon), or Intel.
- Go to your graphic card manufacturer’s website to download the necessary updates.
Method 5: Change the Windows theme to Basic:
- Right-click the desktop and selectPersonalize
- Choose one of the Windows Basic Themes.
- Restart the computer.
- Open QuickBooks and work in the file normally to see if the issue comes back.
Method 6: Edit the QBW.ini file:
- Close QuickBooks.
- Press the Windows button and type (or copy and paste) the correct file path below for the version of QuickBooks and pressEnter:
- QuickBooks 2018:C:\ProgramData\Intuit\QuickBooks 2018\QBW.ini
- Enterprise Solutions 18.0:C:\ProgramData\Intuit\QuickBooks Enterprise Solutions 18.0\QBW.ini
- QuickBooks 2017:C:\ProgramData\Intuit\QuickBooks 2017\QBW.ini
- Enterprise Solutions 17.0:C:\ProgramData\Intuit\QuickBooks Enterprise Solutions 17.0\QBW.ini
- QuickBooks 2016:C:\ProgramData\Intuit\QuickBooks 2016\QBW.ini
- Enterprise Solutions 16.0:C:\ProgramData\Intuit\QuickBooks Enterprise Solutions 16.0\QBW.ini
- QuickBooks 2015:C:\ProgramData\Intuit\QuickBooks 2015\QBW.ini
- Enterprise Solutions 15.0:C:\ProgramData\Intuit\QuickBooks Enterprise Solutions 15.0\QBW.ini
- Go to the end of the file and copy and paste the following text into the file:
- Save the QBW.ini file.
- Open QuickBooks and try working in QuickBooks to see if the issue returns.
The above listed methods have been verified to resolve the issue of black fields without any hassle for the user. However if the user still faces any issue in following the methods or the error still persists even after working on all 6 methods, they should immediately connect with QuickBooks expert technicians housed by Intuit to resolve the error as soon as possible in order to not loose out on any of their business.