User Queries Regarding QuickBooks Error 3371:
- Question 1: Suddenly, during QuickBooks boot-up got an error code 3371. So, I tried to install QuickBooks repair. But this didn’t help, I have had to re-install at least 8 times.
- Question 2: I occasionally use my QuickBooks desktop. I installed a new hard drive and since then this 3371-problem started.
Causes Behind QB Error 3371:
Understand what to do if you get Error 3371: Could not initialize license properties.
In many cases, when user activate or open QuickBooks Desktop, they might get one of these error messages:
- Error 1: QB Error 3371 Couldn’t initialize license properties. Error 3371: QuickBooks couldn’t load the license data. This may be due to missing or corrupted files.
- Error 2: QB Error 3371 Status Code -11118 Couldn’t initialize license properties. QuickBooks couldn’t load the license data. This may be due to missing or corrupted files.
- Error 3: QB Error 3371 Status Code -1 Couldn’t initialize license properties. QuickBooks couldn’t load the license data. This may be due to missing or corrupted files.
Note: Sometimes WebConnect users may face this problem when open the file prior to save it. All users must 1st save the file before import the .QBO file.
Solutions for QuickBooks error 3371:
- Fix it by scrapping the ECML file located in ” C:\ProgramData\Intuit\Entitlement Client\v8″ and run/register QuickBooks once again.
- “Clean” reinstall including deletion of every related file and registry key
- Open QuickBooks again, login. Should get back into your company file
- Don’t register currently, choose later.
- Don’t close the program – just select “close company/logoff” found in the “File” menu. This will permit you to logging back into your company file without it failing again.
- Fix Microsoft .NET Framework, MSXML, and C++ issues using the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool.
In case you have an older version of QuickBooks, this is one of the factors you got the 3371 error.
To update your QuickBooks, you can either do it manually or automatically.
In case you haven’t updated the Windows, check that you are using the latest Windows . the QuickBooks Desktop installation can fail or become crashed. Here’s how:
- Tick the Windows logo.
- Pick All Programs and tap Windows Update.
- After installing the updates, install QuickBooks.
Note: Don’t waste your time deleting the old file. Just rename it.
Step A: Download & install the QuickBooks Tool Hub
This Tool Hub helps to resolve common QuickBooks issues.
- Stop QuickBooks.
- Download the QuickBooks Tool Hub file. Put the file some where you can easily get it later or put it in your favorite folder.
- Click the file you downloaded (QuickBooksToolHub.exe).
- Kindly use the on-screen steps to install & verify to the terms and conditions.
- When the installation completed, double-tap the icon on your Windows desktop to start the tool hub.
Remember: If you unable to find the icon, please search in Windows for QuickBooks Tool Hub and choose the program.
Step B: From the Tool Hub, run the 3371 Error Fix
- In the QuickBooks Tool Hub, choose Installation Issues.
- Choose 3371 Error Fix.
- Select OK.
- Begin QuickBooks Desktop & open your data file.
If you persist with the error, contact the QuickBooks desktop support team.