One of the most common issues the QuickBooks users face is the QuickBooks Update Error 15270. You may also have faced this issue and needless to say that the same may have been quite frustrating at times.
You don’t need to bother anymore! Yes, we will tell you some easy methods to resolve the QuickBooks update error 15270 (Payroll Update Did Not Complete Successfully). Just go through this blog, and implement the steps mentioned herein.
What is the QuickBooks Error 15270 (payroll update is missing a file)?
The QuickBooks payroll update error 15270 is related to QuickBooks Payroll and occurs when a user attempts to download a set up file or a payroll update did not complete successfully. When this error occurs, users receive an error message that is displayed on their screens as shown below-
Any idea why you are facing the QB error 15270?
Well, there can be multiple reasons why you are facing this issue. Some of these are mentioned below-
- QuickBooks is not installed correctly
- The Windows operating system is corrupt or infected
- The anti-virus or firewall is blocking communication with the server
- Incorrect updating of QuickBooks
- Weak Internet connection
- Internet explorer is not marked as the default browser
Read More: How to fix QuickBooks update error 15215?
Easy Ways to Fix the QuickBooks Error Code 15270
Here are some easy ways to resolve the QuickBooks Update Error Code 15270 issue on your computer-
1st Method: Manually Update the QuickBooks Payroll
- Restart QuickBooks.
- Go to QuickBooks Update Service.
- Select the Install Later option.
- Go to Help
- Now click the Update QuickBooks tab
- Now click on Update Now
- Mark the Reset Updates field
- Press OK to confirm reset
- The Get Updates tab will get activated after the update is completed. A message will appear on the screen to inform that the update has completed.
- Restart QuickBooks again
- In case you receive the QuickBooks Update Service message again , click the Install Now button.
- Find out and click the Employees tab
- Now click on Get Payroll Updates
- Now try to install Payroll Updates again. Make sure to click the Download entire payroll update checkbox
- To complete, click the Update icon
Read More: How to update QuickBooks payroll services?
2nd Method: Install QuickBooks Desktop in Selective Startup Mode
This action will make sure that no other application will prevent you from completing the installation. Here are steps to follow-
- Press Windows+R to open the Run window.
- Type msconfig and select OK.
- Go to the General tab
- Click on Selective startup and then tab on Load system services.
- Go to the Services tab and click on Hide all Microsoft Services.
- Click on Disable all.
- Uncheck the checkbox named Hide all Microsoft services.
- Go to the list of services and check if the Windows Installer checkbox is selected. If not, select this checkbox.
- Select OK to proceed.
- Go to the System Configuration window and select Restart.
- In Standard, Basic or Enhanced Payroll application: Choose the Employees tab. Then go to My Payroll Service”
- Click the Account/Billing Information or Account Info/Preferences field.
- Now log in to your Intuit Account
- Go to the QuickBooks Payroll Account Maintenance page
- Check Subscription Activity
- Make sure that Internet Explorer is marked as the default browser
- Turn off or disable the User Account Control icon temporarily
- Select the Repair QuickBooks Desktop option
- Finally, click the Selective Startup option to carry out the clean installation process
Read More: What to do I unable to open QuickBooks payroll?
3rd Method: Run the Reboot.bat File
Running the reboot.bat file would re-register the DLL and .OCX files related to QuickBooks in Windows. Here are the steps to follow:
- Close the QuickBooks Desktop application
- Now open the folder that contains the reboot.bat file
- Right-click on the QuickBooks icon.
- Click the Properties option.
- Click Open file location.
- Right-click on the reboot.bat file
- Select the Run as System Administrator option
- A window will appear on your screen with all the file names scrolling down. The window will close once the reboot.bat file utility gets completed.
- You will need to restart your computer.
Read More: How to turn on QuickBooks payroll?
All of the steps discussed above are simple yet effective ones. You just need to provide a couple of minutes of your schedule and go through the procedure. Fix the QuickBooks error 15270 issue once and for all and thank us later!
Frequently Asked Questions
How to check if QuickBooks is registered or not?
Please execute the following steps-
- Open the QuickBooks application
- Press F2. The QuickBooks Product Information window will open up
- Look towards the right of the product license number. You will see the registration number if the product is registered already.
What are the steps to perform if I want to update my QuickBooks software manually?
You need to download the latest updates and then close your company files and QuickBooks application. Next, carry out the following steps-
- Open the Windows Start menu
- Search for the QuickBooks Desktop icon and right-click on it
- Select the option Run as an Administrator
- Visit the Help tab, go to No Company Open and select Update QuickBooks Desktop
- Now, go to Options tab and select Mark All and Save
- Then click the Update Now tab and then select the checkbox named Reset Update
- Select the Get Updates tab when you are ready.
- After the update finishes, restart QuickBooks Desktop.
- To install the updates, select Yes.
- When the installation gets completed, restart your computer.
I am running QuickBooks desktop & my payroll unable to update to 22112. I don’t have the latest tax forms, etc. Automatic update won’t work. What to do?
Did you get payroll error after downloading a payroll update, code PS038 or 15103, 15104m, 15105m, 15106, 15107, 15223, 15240, or 15271 with an old date appears? If yes, follow the steps:
- Select My Payroll Service from the Payroll menu.
- Select Send Usage Data or Send Payroll Data from the drop-down menus.
- If the transmit goes well, try again to get payroll updates.
If you unable to fix your payroll issues, get in touch with our QuickBooks payroll live chat to fix your issues.