User Query: I am facing an issue, I am using G Suite, I can no longer send invoices using Gmail. Using QuickBooks Enterprise Version 2021. It seems network blocking the emails from being sent from QuickBooks. What to do now?
QuickBooks Gmail is not working is a basic integration error in which users are not able to sign into Gmail from the accounting software. Sometimes when Google makes security updates to Gmail, users are automatically logged out and need to relink their account with QuickBooks or QuickBooks incorrect credentials or Gmail settings. In this article, you’ll learn how to resolve QuickBooks email invoice issues correctly.
Turn off 2-Step Verification for Gmail
2-step verification is a secure way of using Gmail, but it can cause errors when you link Gmail with other software. This is why it is important to disable the two step verification process in Gmail. To do the same, follow the steps provided below:
- Go to your Google Account.
- From the Security section, click on 2-step verification.
- Enter authentication details for your account.
- Click on Turn off.
- Confirm that you want to disable the 2-Step Verification Process by clicking on Turn off.
Read More: What to do when I no longer send invoices via email using QuickBooks?
From here on out, you won’t require the additional codes which you create to sign into Gmail from other software. Users who’ve set up passwords to enable access to Gmail from an application will need to first remove app passwords before they can disable the 2-Step Verification.
Follow the steps provided below to remove app passwords:
- From your Google Account, go to the Security section.
- Select Signing in to Google.
- Click on App Passwords. Enter authentication details.
- Click on Remove against each application for which you set up a password.
The process to revoke the app password can take some time. However, when the process is complete, you will be able to disable the 2-step verification process. This will get you one step closer to resolving the error ‘QuickBooks Gmail is not working’.
Read More: When QuickBooks Failed to Email Invoices – What to Do?
Turn on access for Less Secure Apps
In some rare instances, you’ll have to turn on access for less secure apps before linking Gmail with QuickBooks. This, however, won’t be a requirement for most users. To turn on access for less secure apps, you can go to your Google Account > Help Center > Turn on Access for Less Secure Apps.
Before doing so, we recommend that you follow the steps provided below. If you still get an error, then turn on access for less secure apps and follow the steps given below once again.
Relink your Account
After you’ve turned off 2-step verification, you should follow this method. However, if the error doesn’t resolve, then turn on access to less secure apps and retry. Now that your Google account is set up properly, you can follow the steps provided below to link your Gmail with QuickBooks:
- Launch QuickBooks and go to the Edit menu.
- Select Preferences.
- Click on Send Forms.
- Select Web Mail and click on Add.
- Fill in the required details in the Add Email Info section. Hit Ok.
- Click on Ok to save the changes.
This solves the problem for most users. However, some users still encounter the error. The main reason for this is the enhanced security feature present in recent versions of QuickBooks.
Read More: How to Solve QuickBooks Invoice Problems?
Disable Enhanced Security
The enhanced security feature enables you to send mails via Gmail without authorizing each time. This increases your productivity and helps you in getting the work done. However, if you encounter errors while using Gmail, you can try disabling enhanced security by follow the steps provided below:
- Go to the Edit menu, and select Preferences.
- Click on Send Forms.
- Select Web Mail, then Add.
- Enter your mail address.
- Uncheck the option to ‘Use Enhanced Security’. Hit Ok.
- Sign into your Intuit Account.
- Sign into your Gmail account to complete the integration.
After following all these steps, the error should have been installed. However, in the rare instance that you’re still facing and unable to email invoice & forms from QuickBooks from Gmail, get in touch with our experts at our LIVE CHAT.
Question: Will disabling enhanced security make the software insecure?
Answer: No. Disabling enhanced security will not create any security issues, but you’ll have to authorize sending each email from the Gmail account.
Question: My issue was resolved without turning on access to less secure apps in Google Accounts. Should I turn on the feature, just in case?
Answer: If the issue was resolved, then you should not turn on access for less secure apps.
Question: QuickBooks webmail authorization failed; I cannot send invoices using my Gmail. It says – QuickBooks is unable to send emails due to network connection failure. But I think, there seems to be an issue with Webmail Authorization with QuickBooks desktop. What to do now?
Answer: When sending a transaction or report, you can get the error “QuickBooks is unable to send emails due to network connection failure” if you have not upgraded to the newest version of QuickBooks Desktop.
- Choose Email from any open transaction or document in QuickBooks.
- If you choose Send, you may be requested to provide your Intuit details.
- In the Webmail Authorization window that appears, click Continue.
- Allow should be selected.
There is no need to uncheck any of Google’s usual credentials.
Question: I am getting QuickBooks desktop error “browser not secure error when trying to set up Gmail). How to fix it?
So, you need to authorize QuickBooks Desktop to use Gmail section. (Steps given in the above FAQs).
Once done, let us set up your Gmail again in QuickBooks Desktop. Here is how:
- Go to the Edit on the top menu to get to the Preferences.
- Go to the My Preferences tab after selecting Send forms in the left pane.
- Select Webmail, then select the Add option from the drop-down menu.
- In the Email Id field, type your email address and choose Gmail from the Email Provider drop-down menu.
- Select OK.
So now you can understand how to connect your Gail Account to QuickBooks Desktop to send invoices, forms, or any reports.