In the accounting world, QuickBooks has established its authority. Small to mid-sized businesses can automate their financial processes and make the most of this software. QuickBooks may close, or you may detect that it keeps crashing. If your computer crashes, or you are using data backup, it is important to not save the work that will be deleted at times. A brief solution is provided below.
- Error Support
- Data Import
- Data Conversion
- Payment Solutions
- Payroll Support
- Data Export
- Software Integration
- QuickBooks Printer Support
- Complete QuickBooks Solutions
- Tax-Related Issues
- Data Damage Recovery
- Installation, Activation Help
- QuickBooks Windows Support
The QuickBooks keeps crashing if there is an issue with the installation or company file. This error when triggers interrupt the smooth working of the system or ABS PDF driver window installation. Many factors are responsible for the happening of QuickBooks desktop freeze-up error. Some of them are lengthy company names, out-of-date operating systems, missing files, corrupted preference files, or corrupted files that disallow you to open the Window.
The below article will help you in providing the light to tackle the frustrating situation QuickBooks keeps crashing error.
What are the Causes of QuickBooks Keeps Crashing 2021 Error Message?
Before we discuss what can be done when QuickBooks crashes unexpectedly, let’s take a look at possible causes for this occurrence. Then, you can fix it yourself based on what the cause might be.
- Damaged Qbwuser.ini file
- Corrupted hard drive of the system or suddenly creates the system inaccessible
- Damaged program file
- Verify or Rebuild Data Utilities has not detected an error
- Corrupted directory file
- If the company file name is very lengthy or may contain special characters
- Windows operating system is corrupted
- QuickBooks Bex issue
- Missing components of MS office
- Trojan or virus create the error in the system
- Accidentally deleted the corrupted QuickBooks related files
- The firewall or antivirus program prevent the QB communication process
What are the Ways to Recognize When QuickBooks Closes Suddenly?
Identifying the problem helps in quick troubleshooting. Several symptoms to determine when QuickBooks crashes unexpectedly are mentioned below:
- The computer operating system freezes suddenly
- Unexpectedly QuickBooks application crashes while working on it
- The error message is repeatedly encountered on the screen
- The issue while sending the paychecks
- QuickBooks does not operate smoothly
What are the Methods to Resolve the QuickBooks Keeps Crashing & Freezing up the Issue?
There are multiple methods to rectify the freezing up errors some of them are below:
Method 1- When QuickBooks Keeps Crashing 2023 Windows 10, Use Quick Fix my Program
Step 1: Download and install the Latest Version of QuickBooks Tool Hub on your System
The QuickBooks Tool Hub program helps troubleshoot general QuickBooks issues that arise due to various factors. For the most success, we recommend using the QB Tool Hub in a system running Windows 10, 64-bit.
- Open the QuickBooks application before downloading the latest version of QuickBooks Tool Hub.
- Initially, you can download the QB tool hub
- Now save the file on the system where you can easily discover it
- Find the QuickBooks ToolHub.exe file and double-click on it
- It will run the application on the computer
- Now follow the instructions on the screen to install the tool
- Once installed the tool hub on the system now double-click on the icon named QuickBooks tool hub
- Locate Installation issues option
- Select Clean Install tool
- Now save it on the favorite location
- Find QBcleaninstallutility.exe file
- Give a click on the prompt displaying “I accept on the license agreement”
- Next, select the QB version
- Hit Continue tab
- At last click on the option named OK
- Once you view the software is prepared for a clean install
- Now install using the default directory
Step 2: Use QuickBooks Tool Hub to Run the Quick Fix my Program Tool
In step 2, our Quick Fix tool will gather any programs that are running in the background. It will then close them and allow your program to process through a repair.
- Go to the QuickBooks Tool Hub icon on your desktop and double click on it.
- Click on the Program Problems option.
- Next, choose Quick Fix my Program.
- Open QuickBooks Desktop and your company file to see if still your QuickBooks keeps crashing windows 10.
Read More: How to unfreeze QuickBooks after installation?
Method 2: Renaming the Qbuser.ini file to Avoid QuickBooks keeps Shutting Down
If your QuickBooks keeps crashing or freezing when you try to open the program, you’ll want to rename the QBWUSER.ini file. Doing so can fix the issue and make it stop crashing.
Note: Before you rename the QBWUSER.INI file, it’s important to know that this process will remove all the inventory of the last opened company files. You’ll need to re-open the QuickBooks company file manually afterwards.
Now, let’s review the steps for renaming the QBWUSER.ini file, and fixing the issue that is causing QuickBooks 2022 to crash.
- Access the QBWUSER.ini file folder. A template of the folder will be: Users[Your user name]AppDataLocalIntuitQuickBooks [year]
- Right-click on the QBWUSER.ini file, and from the menu, choose Rename.
- Add a suffix .old towards the end of the file.
- Additionally, you must rename the EntitlementDataStore.ecml file in a similar manner.
- After renaming the above files, open QuickBooks Desktop.
In order to understand why QuickBooks desktop keeps crashing, here are a few possible scenarios:
- If QuickBooks opens without crashing or freezing after renaming QBWUSER.ini or EntitlementDataStore.ecml, you can open a sample file. If the sample file opens without issue and your company file creates an issue, copy it to a different folder.
- If you can’t open the company file from inside of Affilorama, then you must have an issue with the folder that hosts the company file.
- If you run into any errors while opening a sample company file, the solution is actually quite simple: reinstall QuickBooks as soon as possible.
Method 3: Change the DDF and DAF files:
- First of all close, all the company files on the computer
- You have to discover the company directory
- Now give the new name DAT to OldUserPref.DAT
- Next, delete the file with the DDF extension
- While opening the company file hit on confirm button to save the same payment using the same directory
- Hit Print button
Method 4: Copying the Company Files to Desktop
- You can easily find important files by creating new folders on your desktop.
- Find the location of the company’s files by heading to the Current page.
- You now have to Copy the company file.
- Right click in the New folder and choose Edit Paste.
- Press and hold Ctrl key to open the program’s main window.
- Select whether you would like to open or restore an existing company from the drop-down menu.
- Click on Next tab after opening a company file.
- Go to the desktop copy of the file you just copied and open it.
Method 5- Use the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool if the QuickBooks 2023 Desktop Keeps Crashing
- You must download the QuickBooks install diagnostic tool
- Next, save the file on the computer when asked
- Now close all the active programs
- Click Run QB install diagnostic utility
- Wait till the procedure completes
- Reboot the computer
- Make sure all the programs are updated properly
Method 6- Disable Tablet PC Input Services:
- Open the Run window
- Enter MSC
- Hit OK button
- Now find the touch keyboard & handwriting panel service
- Click option labeled stop the service
- Locate the tabled input service and double click on it
- Hit Properties tab
- Click disables the start-up type
- Hit OK
- Now end the procedure
- Shutdown the menu named services
- Click reopens QuickBooks
Method 7: Restarting the Device and Application
If you face the crashing of the QuickBooks application, restart your device and run the application again. Follow these steps:
- Click on the cross button to close out the program if it crashes.
- If your mouse cursor doesn’t move or the Windows fails to respond to your commands, then keep pressing the button.
- Click on the Start menu and then select the icon for your computer.
- Search for the anti-virus program on your computer with the ‘Control Panel’.
- Turn it off if it is running.
Method 8- Shut down the QBW32.exe:
- Locate the Windows taskbar and right-click on it
- Choose start task manager
- Hit Processes option
- Select image name
- Now choose all applications with extension .qb
- Hit End Process
Method 9- Delete the Browser Cache & Temporary Internet Files:
If you clear the internet explorer cache files and try to fix the issue. These cache files might slow down the system. Delete the temp internet files with the below steps:
- Open the browser
- Press the delete key from the keyboard
- Choose All Time/Everything for selecting a time range
- Ensure that you have selected Cache / Cached image & files
- Hit button named Clear data
Method 10- Uninstall QuickBooks Desktop Application:
If every method failed to fix the issue then uninstall the system with the below instructions:
- Open the Run window
- Enter Control Panel
- Click OK tab
- Choose option named Programs and features
- Select Uninstall a program tab
- Click on the QuickBooks button from the program list
- Select Uninstall/Change
- Follow the instructions on the screen
Read More: QuickBooks Crashes on Startup Shows Stopped Working Message
Hopefully, the above write-up ends your task of searching for the methods to rectify the QuickBooks sudden crash. In case the problem persists then it is recommended to take the helping hand. It will save time and effort. For connecting the expert’s team, there are different methods available like a live chat, phone number, or email. Use the appropriate one and reach the professional for better advice.
Frequently Asked Questions
How would I use disk cleanup to fix the QuickBooks keep crashing error message?
1. It helps to clear out the temporary files. Here are the steps:
2. Hit Start
3. Enter Disk Cleanup
4. It will display in the search results
5. Ensure that you select drive “C:”
6. Hit OK button
7. Now place a mark on the Temporary files
8. Verify the file types
9. Click OK tab
What are the impact of QuickBooks Keeps Crashing error?
1. QuickBooks failed to work
2. Unrecoverable errors (random codes)
3. The windows might disappear without giving an error.
When did I face the QuickBooks keeps crashing issue?
1. If trying to mail a large-sized report
2. Working with a report center or different centers
3. While working on sales orders or invoices
4. Large workloads or multiple reports are opened on the QuickBooks
How can I fix the QuickBooks crashes issue with rebuilt data tool?
This tool helps resolve the company file data errors automatically. Here is the list of steps:
1. Firstly, click on the file option
2. Hit Utility button
3. Select the tab named “rebuild”
4. Discover the QuickBooks information page
5. Click Ok tab
6. Next, follow the on-screen prompts to save the backup file
7. Wait till the file fixes the issue
8. In case you can move the mouse that specifies its functioning
9. Hit OK button
10. You require opening the file option
11. Locate the tab named utilities
12. Choose the verify data tab
13. At last wait, the tool verifies the data issues
14. If the tool detects an error, then click the Rebuild now option
Top 20 Questions & Solutions Related to QuickBooks Crashes
1) I’m running QB Desktop 2020, my QuickBooks crashes when opening company file
If your QuickBooks crashes when opening company file, you need to create a backup file (i.e. QBB) and open it locally.
2) Constant freezing & QuickBooks mac crashes when opening
To fix QuickBooks mac crashes when opening can be solved once you run & verify rebuild tool.
3) Performance is down; QuickBooks desktop keeps crashing when I try to backup
It is possible that your old QuickBooks file is corrupted, so you will need to go to your previous QuickBooks version and run the rebuild data check to fix the issue
4) I unable to fix, what’s the solution when QuickBooks crashes when opening qbmapi64 out of memory?
An older version of Microsoft Office is responsible for this error. Update your version of Microsoft Office to resolve qbmapi64 out of memory.
5) I feel its absolute garbage software. QuickBooks keeps crashing when launches files
Open the QBB file on your local machine to isolate the issue. Your data file may have been damaged if the issue persists.
6) 2021 Premier version QuickBooks premier keeps crashing when I file payroll forms
This is the QB desktop setup issue that can be resolved easily by opening QuickBooksToolHub.exe & choosing Program Problems in the QuickBooks Tool Hub. Once this is done, click the Quick Fix button. Run QuickBooks Desktop and examine your data file.
7) I am an administrator, still QuickBooks crashes when opening merchant service center
8) Just upgraded to 2022 & now QuickBooks desktop keeps crashing when trying to import chart of accounts
9) I reinstalled but QuickBooks keeps crashing when I change invoices
10) QuickBooks 2022 keeps crashing when I try to save as pdf
11) We are running 2022 in a Windows Server 2012, & QuickBooks premier keeps crashing when trying to open it windows 10
12) QuickBooks 2022 update crashes when opening company file
13) It simply stopped working & QuickBooks pro keeps crashing when attaching file
14) I am rolling back Windows 10 updates to several days ago & now QuickBooks crashes immediately when opening multiuser file
15) What is going on, QuickBooks enterprise keeps crashing when I try to create an invoice
16) How we can fix, QuickBooks keeps crashing when I attach a document
17) QuickBooks keeps crashing when making general journal entry
18) My MacBook pro QuickBooks crashes when opening program
19) It’s very frustrating QuickBooks keeps crashing & frizzing windows 10
20) QuickBooks keeps crashing when emailing invoices, I can’t enter anything in my register.
Few More Reads:
- QuickBooks Point of Sale freezes when opening on a client workstation – QuickBooks POS not running
- QuickBooks not shut down screen freezes and goes grey blank – QuickBooks display Issue
- How to fix QuickBooks has stopped working error & not responding? – QuickBooks not opening
- How to fix QuickBooks abort error? – Damaged the QBWUSER. INI file
- How to Fix QuickBooks Backup Failed Issue? – QB Backup not working
- How to Fix QuickBooks Display Issues? – QuickBooks screen error
- QuickBooks Error Code 80029c4a When Opening – QuickBooks system error
- Resolve the QuickBooks Loading Error – Windows Issue
- What to do QuickBooks not showing printer? – Resolve printing issues
- Unable To Open QuickBooks Desktop After Upgrade – QuickBooks Desktop doesn’t start
- How to Fix QuickBooks Cannot Print to PDF? – Troubleshoot PDF and Print problems with QuickBooks