QuickBooks software is one of the sophisticated accounting software that has captured a huge ratio of financial software market. Irrespective of the powerful tools and feature, many a time user does end up landing in the issues that might be caused by trivial elements. One such issue is related connection disruption with the QuickBooks database and fie.
This Issue Can Occur for Several Reasons:
- The server connection is lost.
- Firewall or other network settings are restricting QuickBooks files from accessing the required ports.
- The QuickBooks network data file (*.ND) is corrupted or missing.
- The host computer has ventured into hibernation mode or standby, resulting in the interruption in the connectivity with the company file.
- Multiple windows of the QuickBooks database service are being used simultaneously.
- The damage of company data file has occurred.
- Corruption of QuickBooks installation files.
It is recommend to attempt following resolutions in the same order they are displayed to avoid any confusion. Furthermore, it is also advised to retry QuickBooks each time after completion one resolution to know which resolution has worked best.
Stop and restart the QuickBooks database service
With the computer that is hosting the QuickBooks company file:
- Stop the database server process:
- Right-click a blank space on the Windows Taskbar and select Task Manager.
- Click the Processes tab.
- Click the Image Name column heading to sort the entries alphabetically.
- Right-click qbdbmgrn.exe and select End Process.
- Close Task Manager.
- Open the Computer Management window:
- Click the Microsoft Windows the Start button.
- Right-click Computer, and then select Manage. Note: You might be required to enter your administrator password.
- Restart the database server process:
- In the Computer Management window, click the + symbol next to Services and Applications to expand the section.
- Select Services.
- In the Services window, click the Name column heading to sort the entries alphabetically.
- Right-click the QuickBooksDB[version number] service and select Start.
- Close the Computer Management window.
Read More: QuickBooks Database Server Manager Update.
Check the company file for data damage
Repair damaged QuickBooks installation files
- Close any open programs.
- Click the Windows Start button and select Control Panel.
- Open the Add or Remove Programs window:
- In the list of currently installed programs right-click the QuickBooks program you want to repair and select Repair.
- When the QuickBooks Installation Wizard opens, click Next.
- Select Repair, and then click Next. QuickBooks repairs the installation.
- After the repair is complete, click Finish, and restart your computer if prompted to do so.
- If repairing the QuickBooks installation does not resolve the issue, perform a clean uninstall and re-install of QuickBooks.
The above steps should help to resolve connection error faced with QuickBooks software. However, if the QuickBooks software user is still not able to access the software and the company file they should connect with the QuickBooks experts. This issue can be dealt by the user alone or by contacting the QuickBooks experts for sure shot resolution. In the situation user still faces the same problems; it is recommended to approach the QuickBooks desktop tech support experts who are extremely knowledgeable regarding all things QuickBooks set up by Intuit. Moreover, if there is any issue in connecting with the team of QuickBooks for the same user can connect with us at our toll free number + and live chat option on our website – fastfix247.com.