The QuickBooks Payroll Update error 15212 especially happens when the user is unable to complete the payroll installation properly. You must check and verify whether the installation file is downloaded successfully or not and whether the installation is running or not. If not, then it causes the error code 15212.
In this article, you get to know more about payroll update error in QuickBooks like 15212 error, why it occurs, and its solutions. Let’s get started with the article below.
What is QuickBooks Payroll Update Error 15212?
The QuickBooks Payroll Update Error 15212 is a message that appears when you try to update your payroll information in QuickBooks. This error usually occurs when you have incorrect or outdated information in your payroll system.
To fix the QuickBooks Payroll Update Error 15212, you will need to update your QuickBooks Desktop payroll information in the QuickBooks account.
What is the error message you get with QuickBooks Desktop Error 15212?
The error message appears on the screen, along with the following specifications or notifications:
- The payroll update didn’t complete successfully. Please try again. You should download the updates by the deadline displayed in the Get Updates window.
- The QuickBooks Update did not complete successfully.
The cause of QuickBooks payroll error 15212
QuickBooks payroll error 15212 can occur for any of the following reasons:
- QuickBooks payroll was corrupted due to improper installation or incomplete download.
- Because of insufficient access, permission can cause this error.
- One of the causes could be a malware or virus-infected Windows system.
- While downloading a payroll, updating a program, or sometimes installing QuickBooks incorrectly, error code 15212 may appear on your screen.
It means your QuickBooks payroll failed during installation, follow the solutions below to get it fixed.
Solutions to Fixing the QuickBooks Payroll Update Error 15212
If you are experiencing the QuickBooks Payroll Update Error 15212, there are a few solutions that you can try.
Solution 1- Update QuickBooks Desktop Payroll
To begin, ensure that you have the most recent QuickBooks software update installed. If you haven’t already, follow the steps below to update your QuickBooks payroll software.
- Select Help, then QuickBooks Update.
- Next, select the Options tab.
- When prompted for the shared download, select No.
- Finally, click the Next button.
- Select Save and then Close.
- Finally, download the most recent update.
Solution 2- Remap your files to the Network drive
Steps to troubleshoot error code 15212
Remapping the data files to network drives or restarting the system can also resolve the error. To remap your system, follow the steps below.
- Restart your computer and then begin mapping data files to network drives.
- Use File Explorer to remap your network drives.
- Open the File Explorer.
- After this, you have to click on the This PC or Computer option.
- Now go to the Map network drive from the menu.
- When prompted to select a file for payroll updates, select the option Data file.
- Once the remapping is complete, restart the system to see if the error has been resolved.
Read More: Fix Payroll Mistakes in QuickBooks Desktop
If the error has not been resolved and you are still receiving the same error, try the following resolutions to see if the error will be resolved in the end.
- Determine whether the system has the most recent version of QuickBooks installed.
- To confirm, select the Help option.
- Further, select the option Update QuickBooks.
- Select No for shared download from the Options menu.
- After that, save and exit to continue updating the software.
If you’re experiencing QuickBooks Payroll update error 15212 when trying to update your payroll in QuickBooks, there are a few things that you can do to resolve the issue. Now that you have a summary of the most common solutions, you can explain how to fix each one. However, if you are still stuck or have any queries then you can reach out to the QuickBooks customer helpdesk for quick and easy assistance.
Most asked questions & solutions related to QuickBooks payroll update error 15212.
What if I am unable to update QuickBooks Desktop while resolving QuickBooks Payroll Update error 15212?
In this case, you have to download the QuickBooks update in safe mode or do a clean install of QuickBooks in selective startup. After this, update QuickBooks and then get the error resolved.
What are the steps of a clean install of QuickBooks if required while fixing QuickBooks Payroll Update error 15212?
To clean install QuickBooks, collect the data like a license or product key, and backup all the data. Then start your computer at selective startup mode to uninstall and install the QuickBooks Desktop application. Now, switch back to the normal mode. Check for the error code that must be resolved.
Do I have to manually install the payroll tax table separately to resolve QuickBooks Payroll Update error 15212?
No, you don’t have to install the payroll tax table separately as when you update the QuickBooks