A QuickBooks user recently posted his query stating that when he tried to open company file in QuickBooks software the window required log-in credential of Administrator, specifically Admin password, with no other user field in picture in spite of many other user ids for the same being created. The user explained that even his user account also could not be accessed.
Problem: The issue crops up of not being able to log into the software as it asks for Administrator credentials to enter and proceed with the functions. A message is displayed asking for Admin Password. The dilemma is that it does not even give an option to choose another user account and only displays empty field for Admin Password with Admin User ID already displayed.
The resolution for the same is also clearly illustrated by Intuit and can easily rectify the situation without needing aid from the technical support team. However if the issue is not resolved with instructions provided below you can connect with QuickBooks Support Number for immediate remedy. Any techno savvy individual will be able to resolve the problem by following the instructions detailed below:
- First and foremost, close the QuickBooks software.
- Open Windows Task Manager and stop all the processes regarding the software by noting the following instructions:
- Locate the Windows Toolbar in the bottom half of the computer screen and right – click on it.
- Click on the option named Start Task Manager.
- In the new window of Task Manager select the tab called Processes Tab.
- The list showcasing all processes started by all users is providing preview of all the processes.
- Select the tab labeled Image Name which will order the processes in alphabetical order, which may or may not be the original line of order.
- After this browse down till you reach Q alphabet and locate all QuickBooks related processes that will be starting with QB as prefix. Now verify all the processes as shown in Description column.
- Select all the QB Processes one at a time and select End Process for each and every process.
- A pop message displaying warning will come. Click on OK.
- All these steps should be repeated for all the processes under QB.
- Close Task Manager once all the QB backend processes are closed.
- The next step is to delete a process labeled QuickBooks_Standard_21 from the folder of Start-up via following instructions:
- Go to start and click on the icon.
- Continue to All Programs option from the menu.
- Browse through all the menu option for Startup folder and select it to open it.
- Go to QuickBooks_Standard_21, right click on it and choose option called Delete.
- Once the warning pop-up appears click on Yes.
- After the above step, open the software again and it should showcase the fields for other users as well. Log in to the software as per your chosen username and password
The above resolution released by Intuit should resolve the problem in a jiffy. However, if you still face the issues you can contact us at 1855-481-5335 QuickBooks Customer Support Team and get in touch with our experienced in house technical experts who will resolve the problem within few minutes.