Like every other software, there are sometimes when QuickBooks Update Error 1328 to function appropriately and produces specific Error Codes, which can be caused by numerous factors that are unable to be fixed in real-time. One such error is QuickBooks error 1328.
Error 1328. Error updating file C:\Config.Msi\PTXXX.tmp.
QuickBooks error 1328 occurs while repairing, uninstalling, or updating the software. It might rarely occur during the installation process.This error will show up on your screen in different ways; however, the error file can be seen as config.ms/PT.TMP.
This folder is a temporary directory for saving data & launches installation again if any failure in installation happens. This data is self-deleted once the installation process is completed.
So, what are the signs of QuickBooks Error 1328?
You can observe this update error while working on your system, and the symptoms for update error 1328 are:
- You cannot install, uninstall, or update QuickBooks.
- The method of repairing QuickBooks cannot be done.
- The system’s repair process does not function.
- The QuickBooks software stops, and error code 1328 QuickBooks is shown on the screen.
- Windows stop and freeze frequently.
- Response time becomes very high.
Read More: How to Update QuickBooks – Easy Steps
What are the reasons for Occurring QuickBooks Error 1328?
QuickBooks Error Code 1328 are due to the following reasons:
- It can be due to the usage of a license code that is not suited well with the model of the QuickBooks you have installed for your System.
- This error code may also seem if a few critical Windows machine files are inflamed with viruses.
- If the QuickBooks setup file is not downloaded or the downloaded file is damaged.
- It can also be due to the unsuitable installation of the setup file.
Read More: How to fix when QuickBooks stuck installing ABS Pdf driver?
So, what is the solution for QuickBooks error 1328?
Let’s dive into the steps you need to follow to fix your QuickBooks error 1328:
1st Step: Reinstall your windows system with the latest version.
Updating your Windows to the latest version will replace Windows additives that QuickBooks needs to feature, like MSXML, Microsoft .Net.
Now, here are the steps to update your Windows. Go through the below mentioned points:
- You have to press the Windows key from the keyboard or click on the “start” button from the bottom, after which, Search programs and files, search “Windows update.”
- Then click on the “Enter” key.
- Now click on “Windows update.”
- Then tap “Check for Updates,” As soon as the home Windows gets done with downloading the updates process completely, click on the “Install Updates” button.
- Now, restart your system and try updating QuickBooks once more to test if the mistake is resolved or not.
2nd Step: Change the hidden system file Config.msi
In case you modify the system file from “Config.msi.”
You can do it out by using the below mentioned steps:
- Start with, click on the Windows key from the keyboard.
- Then click on the computer from the left side of the applications list.
- Now, click on Local Disk (C:) from the left side panel.
- And then click on the “Organize” and “Search” options.
- Now uncheck the choice “hide Protected Operating system files.”
- Then click on the Apply button.
- Then click on the OK button.
- Now inside the Search bar located on the top, search for the “Config.msi” file.
- Now click on the file.
- And select “Rename.”
- And add “.old.”
- Now, restart your Windows and replace QuickBooks once again.
3rd Step: Download and Access to QuickBooks Install Diagnostic tool.
- Now, download the QuickBooks Installation Diagnostic Tool on your system.
- As soon as the download is completed, stop other applications that are running on your Windows.
- Then, press the downloaded setup file.
- Now, click the YES button.
- Then click “proceed” on the QB desktop to install the Diagnostic device.
- Now, wait for a moment till the device updates all of the Microsoft components.
- Once the update is done, restart your system and try to use QuickBooks all over again.
4th Step: Change the name of the Folders where the QuickBooks Installation Setup file is stored.
In case if any file becomes corrupt, the QuickBooks computer error 1328 will seem while having access to it.
- Visit the location where your QuickBooks folders are saved for your C drive.
- Here, you need to click on each QuickBooks folder and select “Rename” by right-clicking on the chosen folder.
5th Step: Installation of QuickBooks
Reinstall your QuickBooks in your system.
You can check out the below mentioned steps for doing:
- First, press the Windows + R key from the keyboard.
- Then open the “Run” Window.
- Then search “Control Panel.”
- Now, press the Enter key.
- Now under the programs and features list, look for QuickBooks and click on “Uninstall.”
- Now follow the on-display instructions to completely uninstall this system.
- Then, download QuickBooks’ smooth install tool.
- Now, open that tool and click “I Accept” on the license agreement web page.
- Finally, follow the on-display instructions to do an easy setup of QuickBooks for your desktop.
Read More: How to fix QuickBooks installation problem of MAC version?
QuickBooks error 1328 is one of the frequent update errors reported by users.
In the above post, we provided you with all the information, including how to fix QuickBooks error 1328 and its causes and symptoms.
We hope the above-discussed solutions would help you in resolving error 1328. If you have any problem or need any suggestions, you can contact our team.
Frequently Asked Questions
Follow the important queries:
How can I rename my QuickBooks Desktop installation folders?
By using Windows Explorer to display hidden files, you can rename each of your folder locations listed for your version of Windows.
Also, you can add ‘old’ or ‘damaged’ at the end of the folder name, which will restrict QuickBooks from recognizing the folder to create a new one.
My QuickBooks Install Tool didn’t fix the error. Can I repair specific windows components by myself?
Yes, it can be done. But you should only do these troubleshooting steps if you’re an IT professional or working with the experts from Microsoft support.
Few More Reads:
- QuickBooks Payroll Update Error 15106 – How to fix?
- How to Solve QuickBooks Error Code 15270?
- How to fix QuickBooks Update Error 15215 & Server Not Responding?
- How to fix when QuickBooks keep shutting down?
- How to solve when QuickBooks stopped working after windows 10 update?
- How to Fix When QuickBooks Keeps Crashing & Freezing?