Follow the steps below:
- Open the register.
- Choose Banking→Use Register,
- In the Home screen select the Register icon visible in the Banking section.
- In case you have more bank accounts, QuickBooks shows the Use Register dialog box.
- Choose the checking account. This is the account into which for transferring the deposits.
- Click OK.
- QuickBooks will show the register window.
- In the Date column, type in the date for making the deposit.
- In the Payee column, provide the name of the person or business that paid.
- QuickBooks adds a check number in the Number field when you go to the Payee Column. But there is nothing to worry. As you provide a deposit amount, QuickBooks will change the Number field to DEP.
- Provide the sum that you want to deposit.
- Now go to the Deposit column and enter the amount.
- Type in the account for the deposit.
- Move the cursor to the Account field. Click on the down arrow. Select an account displayed on list. If the deposit is a gift, you’ll want to choose Uncategorized Income.
- Select the Record button.
- Your deposit is recorded, and your checking account balance is increased accordingly. It must e noted that the register are affected chronological order, where deposits come first and checks come next.
You can always get in touch with QuickBooks customer service phone number and get all types of solutions related to the software easily. The toll free help line number will assist you to contact the knowledgeable experts of QuickBooks in no time. It is best to seek solutions from Quickbook customer care team and resolve your problems.