The data files contain important data. But due to certain reasons if the system fails in reading the data file may create many issues. The corrupted company files mainly lead to errors like installation or upgrades errors. There are many reasons associated with corrupted file errors like the large size of the company file, virus attack, incorrect system shutdown, etc. The below post contains the guide with symptoms, causes, and resolutions to resolve QuickBooks corrupt file repair errors.Read More: QuickBooks Requires that you Reboot your Computer to Complete the Installation
What are the significant causes of QuickBooks’ corrupt file repair issue?
QuickBooks file corruption repair process: Before proceeding towards the resolution, you must know the primary causes behind this occurrence. Here is the list of reasons for the damaged data file:
- The minimum memory of RAM
- The sudden power off the QuickBooks without saving the active data
- Virus attacks
- Internet issues
- Problems with hard disk and cable
- If the file size is more than the prescribed limit
- The incorrect shutdown of the system directly close the main switch with data corruption
Read More: QuickBooks Freezes After Installation
How to fix the Corrupted QuickBooks Company file?
Here is the list of methods to resolve the QuickBooks company file errors:
Solution 1- Use the rebuild data tool to fix the company file:
Follow the bellow steps to know how QuickBooks rebuild company file
- Firstly move to the menu named File
- Click the “Utilities” button
- Select tab named rebuild data
- Next, click the OK button on the page named QuickBooks information
- After this, you require to follow the instructions on the screen to save the backup
- Let the tool fix the file
- It must be noted that the system might seem to freeze
- Choose the Ok button once the tool completes
- Click File option
- Choose tab named Utilities
- Click Verify data option
- At last, allow the tool to verify the file for data problems
- If there is no error then click the OK button and hit the Continue button using the company file once resolved the issue
Read More: How to Use QuickBooks Condense Service?
Solution 2- Fix manually using rebuilding the data:
Firstly manually resolve the issue with the below instructions:
- The initial step is to click on the menu named file
- Click the “Utilities” option
- Choose the tab named verify data
- Next, the tool starts checking the error
- Now, choose the option labeled expand all using the verify results window
- Click expand all to view the issues
Solution 3- Use free tools to resolve the company file errors:
Here are a few free tools to fix the issue:
QuickBooks install the diagnostic tool:
This tool has been used to manage errors that come up while installing QuickBooks desktop. It helps in diagnosing and fixing the company file and Microsoft.Net framework-related errors.
QuickBooks file doctor tool:
This tool is an important tool to resolve the issue that prevents the running of the QuickBooks.
How to use QuickBooks file doctor tool:
It is a built-in type in QuickBooks and the advanced versions. This Intuit tool is used to resolve data corruption, network setup issues, or windows setup errors.
Steps to use the QuickBooks files doctor tool to resolve the QB corrupt file issue:
- Choose the company file issues using the tool hub
- Select “Run QuickBooks file doctor”
- It might take a few minutes to open and also check that the tool failed to open, find the QuickBooks desktop file doctor, and open it manually
- You require selecting the drop-down option named company file in QuickBooks file doctor
- If you failed to view the file then click browse and search for the file
- Next select check your file
- Click continue option
- Write the QuickBooks admin password to end the process and then click the next button
- The scanning time might vary with the file size
Solution 4- Update the QuickBooks:
Sometimes outdated systems might cause file corruption errors in QuickBooks. Here are the steps to update QuickBooks Desktop:
- Initially download the advanced updates
- Now close the company files & QuickBooks Desktop
- Find the QuickBooks Desktop and give a right-click on the icon
- Choose “Run as Administrator”
- It will prompt “No Company open window”
- Click Help option
- Choose Update QuickBooks Desktop
- Hit tab named Options
- Choose button which says Mark All
- Click Save tab
- Select Update Now button
- Hit checkbox named Reset Update
- Once you are prepared click the Get updates option.
- Wait till the updates process completes then reopen the QuickBooks Desktop
- Hit Yes button
Here is the end of the write-up! Hopefully, the guide contains the required resolutions turned out to help to resolve the QuickBooks desktop company file errors. In case of any further difficulty or assistance then get in touch with the professional team. Use a live chat, phone number, or email address to drop the issues! The hub of experts is there working round the clock to give you the possible advice.
Most asked questions related to QuickBooks damaged data repair
How would I run Quick resolve the file in QuickBooks?
- Open the QuickBooks tool hub
- Locate the company file issues
- A select option named quick fix my file
- Click Ok button
How would I check the company file is damaged or not?
- When suddenly shutdown the QuickBooks system because of the human issues
- Errors or missing data in the Transaction list from the system
- An issue encounters on the balance sheet during auditing
- The Transaction history displays the negative balance
- The balance sheet shows the invoice and unpaid bill status as paid
What If I need to prevent the QuickBooks data corruption errors?
- Try preventing malicious files or threats
- Try to avoid the damaged files
- Save the data backup in a different database and location
Few More Reads:
How to Clean Up QuickBooks Company Data?
QuickBooks Backup Failed (Unable to Restore Company File) – How to Fix This Issue?