User Query: Whenever I attempt to open QuickBooks software, I get an error code on the blank screen, that shows QuickBooks has stopped working an issue has caused QuickBooks to stop working properly. Windows will close the program and tell you if an answer opens up.
Answer: Dear QuickBooks user, there could be many reasons like: 1) The name of your company file might be too long, 2) You may have the QBWUSER.INI file corrupted, 3) Your QB program files or installation of QuickBooks Desktop can be corrupted, 4) On your hard drive, you need to check, if it’s damaged, 5) Your Windows OS might be damaged & stops QuickBooks to run properly.
Fix QuickBooks has stopped working & not responding error
Out of many errors “QuickBooks has stopped working” is a familiar issue reported by the customers. Let us find out the reasons for the occurrence of the error and how to fix the issue.
What we cover here are:
- Create a New Windows Admin User
- Reboot your System
- Delete EntitlementDataStore.ecml file
- Rename QBWUSE.INI file
- Access a company file from a separate folder location
- Install QuickBooks Component Repair tool
- Uninstall and reinstall your QuickBooks
Must Read Topics When QuickBooks Stops for Various Reasons
- QuickBooks Database Manager Stops Working when Accessing the Server Remotely
- QuickBooks Not Working Due to Network Connection Error
- QuickBooks Desktop Freezing Up After Installation and Now QuickBooks Not Responding
- QuickBooks Hangs While Installing ABS Pdf Driver Tell Me How to Fix, Its Locking Up
- How To Unfreeze QuickBooks After Installation, Now its Keeps Freezing
- QuickBooks Point of Sale Freezes When Opening On A Client Workstation and Its Not Working Anymore
Question: What to do, my QuickBooks is not working when creating an invoice and when I trying to close windows 10, a different window opens says program is none responsive.
Answer: There may be various reasons, but it seems is due to damaged windows operating system. You need to find and select the QBW32.EXE then click the End Process. When the confirmation message occurs, click End Process once again. This will make your QuickBooks run smoothly.
Possible Reasons for the Occurrence of the Error
This QuickBooks error message may crop up unexpectedly due to the following reasons mentioned below:
- In case the QBWUSER.INI file is damaged.
- Corruption or damage in the hard disk.
- In case the Program file has got damaged
Steps to solve the Issue
Intuit has recommended methods to resolve the issue when you face this error message. Follow the solutions in the sequenced mentioned below for proper resolution.
Method 1: Create a New Windows Admin User:
If your Windows 10 software installation is corrupted, you may need to create a user account in Windows.
Method 2: Reboot your System:
You need to reboot your system. Then open your QuickBooks file and check thoroughly to find out the problem. If you still face the error, then attempt disabling the antivirus program in your system temporarily. Still you face the same issue move on to second method.
Method 3: Delete EntitlementDataStore.ecml file:
QuickBooks displays the above error message: “Delete EntitlementDataStore.ecml file” in case the information fed in during the installation process of QuickBooks is wrong or if the file comprising the information is corrupted. For this you need to the file to resolve the error. To delete EntitlementDataStore.ecml file follow the steps below:
- You have to close your QuickBooks file.
- Then go to Windows Start button -> Run
- Copy and paste the info in the run dialog box
- Right click the EntitlementDataStore.ecml file and delete
If deleting EntitlementDataStore.ecml file does not resolve your issue, then go to third resolution method.
Method 4: Rename QBWUSE.INI file:
Follow the below mentioned steps one by one to rename the QBWUSER>INI file:
- Select Start -> My Computer -> Tools -> Folder
- Choose the View tab
- Go to Advanced Settings-> Choose Hidden files and folders-> Show hidden files and folders
- Click Ok
- Then select My Computer-> C drive->C:\Documents and Settings\[Your user name]\Local Settings\Application Data\Intuit\QuickBooks [year]
- Right click the QBWUSER>INI file and rename it by replacing .INI with.INIold.
In case you are able to open your QuickBooks file after renaming QBWUSER>INI or EntitlementDataStore.ecml file then attempt opening a sample file:
- Open your QuickBooks file
- Click on Open a Sample File
- Click Sample Product Based Business
- If the sample file does not open, then follow next solution.
Method 5: Access a company file from a separate folder location
The folder where you keep your company files can often change/ get corrupted. If the following steps still do not fix your issue, consult a trained IT specialist.
- To open a computer window, press Windows + E on your keyboard.
- Check for a data file with the file extension qbw (e.g. mycompanyfile.qbw).
- Navigate to the network drive on which the data file is stored while searching for a file on a network server (for example X:\QBdata).
- After your company file has been found, right-click it and pick Copy.
- Navigate to your C: Drive and create a new folder right here.
- Name that as the QBNEW folder.
- Launch the new folder for QBNEW and paste the company file into it.
- Enable QuickBooks now when continuing to keep the Control key.
- Pick Open or Restore a Current Company and go through the folder you have built in C:\QBNEW.
- Access the company file in the QBNEW folder that you copied.
Method 6: Install QuickBooks Component Repair tool:
Just download and install successfully the QB component repair tool on your system and then run it. On running this tool, reboot your system and try to open your QuickBooks file again.
Method 7: Uninstall and reinstall your QuickBooks:
If you fail with all the above methods try uninstalling and reinstalling your QuickBooks file. There are chances that the issue might get solved.
Client Issue: I just came back home from vacation & I am surprised to discover that my desktop software QuickBooks Enterprise 2021 (Windows 10) is not responding. It worked perfectly when I left, but now I tend to get the warning – QuickBooks has stopped working, as the software failed to start. Here is the error.
Answer: It seems the ucrtbase.DLL (Dynamic link library) in the windows 10 OS may be corrupted. You can contact to QuickBooks technician to get it fixed.
Connect with Fastfix247 to resolve this issue.
If you are still looking for assistance and face QuickBooks has stopped working issue, you can directly connect with QuickBooks Support Team @(Available 8.00 am to 6.30 pm – EST). The in house experts will help you to resolve your issues and queries in a short time. The QB experts are experienced and knowledgeable. Get the best error resolution services round the clock with our LIVE CHAT.