QuickBooks can be used by multiple users, and this is one of the major benefits of this system. There will be an administrative user, who holds the right to hide certain information from other users, if needed. A lot of companies want to maintain secrecy on certain accounting records from the common employees. The aim is granting right of using QuickBooks, but at the same time hiding some crucial information from the general employees. This can easily be done with QuickBooks by following the steps mentioned below:
- Login to your QuickBooks account and from the top menu, you need to choose option ‘Setup User and Password’. Now, you can add user as many as you want. Alternatively, you can select and edit an existing user.
- Now, when you choose edit user, you shall get set of options for user access controlling. You can select on the things that will be accessible to a certain user. To keep options accessible for the users, keep them unchecked.
- Business owners generally want to protect their credit card details from other user or employee accounts in QuickBooks. Apart from that, some other options may also be required to be hidden.
- You can also provide right to a certain user to edit or delete items.
- Save your changes, after making all those changes.
You may have questions related to restrict user permission in QuickBooks:
- Do more with QuickBooks enterprise user permissions
- How to check QuickBooks premier user permissions
- QuickBooks Enterprise User Limit
- QuickBooks 2016 user permissions
- QuickBooks Enterprise User Manual
- QuickBooks online user restrictions
- QuickBooks Enterprise User Roles
- How to find QuickBooks enterprise user permissions list
- QuickBooks Permission Levels
- How to get QuickBooks view only access
- Get QuickBooks online user permissions
- How to find QuickBooks sensitive financial reporting
- QuickBooks Enterprise User Restrictions
- QuickBooks Administrator Permissions Needed
Many people need professional guidance on this process; they can simply call toll free number of QuickBooks customer support center to know the process in step by step method.