Explorer.exe is a common Sage 50 error message that occurs when you try to open Sage 50 accounting software via a shortcut. This error is displayed in the form of a popup message that says “The item referred to by this shortcut cannot be accessed. You may not have the appropriate permissions.” Explorer.exe error usually occurs:
- When you do not have sufficient user account access to open a program through a shortcut, or
- When there are some background programs interfering with Sage 50
Read This : How to Fix Sage 50 Printer Error?
In case you are looking for ways to manually troubleshoot this issue, we can help. In this article, we have outlined some simple steps to resolve the issue. Follow them to completely fix the problem.
Resolution to the problem
- Right click the shortcut and select Open file location
- Right click on the program and select Properties
- Select the Security tab, click Edit and select the user
- Check Allow for all actions shown
- Click Apply and OK
- Repeat the process for the folder that contains the main program. This will ensure that the user has full access to the folder as well.
Read This: Sage 50 Quantum Customer Support
This should solve your issue. Should you need more help, dial for expert Sage 50 assistance. Our experts can help you resolve the problem in no time.