Because of its great features and tools, Sage 50 can help small to large businesses meet their accounting and bookkeeping needs effectively. However, even with those amazing qualities, no software is bug-free and there are times when the functionalities might not work properly. The Sage 50 Explorer EXE Error is one of the many annoyances that can come out when dealing with software. If you run into this issue, we have written a blog that offers helpful solutions.
Some users have complained to us that they are experiencing the Sage 50 Explorer EXE Error quite frequently while opening the software. If you are one of them, this blog can be a great help. We know that it can be really frustrating to come across errors during very important work or assignments. Don’t worry! We will tell you about an easy, step-by-step procedure for fixing these problems. Go through this blog and implement the steps mentioned herein so that the error does not plague your computer anymore.
What is the Explorer.exe Error in Sage 50?
Explorer.exe is a common Sage 50 error message that occurs when you try to open Sage 50 accounting software via a shortcut. This error is displayed in the form of a popup message that says “The item referred to by this shortcut cannot be accessed.
Cause of Explorer.exe Error in Sage 50:
- When you do not have sufficient user account access to open a program through a shortcut,
- When there are some background programs interfering with Sage 50
- Tax Forms Get Corrupted
- The Registry Key was Damaged
Read This : How to Fix Sage 50 Printer Error?
Solution To Fix Sage 50 Explorer.exe Error
In case you are looking for ways to manually troubleshoot this issue, we can help. In this article, we have outlined some simple steps to resolve the issue. Follow them to completely fix the problem.
Step 1: – Give Necessary Permission
- Right click the shortcut and select Open file location
- Right click on the program and select Properties
- Select the Security tab, click Edit and select the user
- Check Allow for all actions shown
- Click Apply and OK
- Repeat the process for the folder that contains the main program. This will ensure that the user has full access to the folder as well.
Step 1 will give you the necessary permission to access files and functions that you need to run Sage 50 Accounts. Step 1, however, requires you to own the Administrator privilege or have the proper permissions to modify user account settings.
Step 2: – End Task the Running Program
- Press and hold the Control + Shift + Delete keys together on your keyboard
- This will close the programs running in the background
- Now select Task Manager
- Visit the Processes tab
- Stop all the tasks from running, so you can easily see what to restart next.
Read This: Sage 50 Quantum Customer Support
Please consider that the Sage 50 Explorer EXE Error has a different form. It may not show up on your screen, but in most cases it runs in the background and doesn’t come to the foreground. This can be fixed by following Step 2.
This should solve your issue. Should you need more help, dial for expert Sage 50 assistance. Our experts can help you resolve the problem in no time.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I Use Sage 50 Accounts?
Managing monthly accounts can be quite cumbersome sometimes. But getting rid of this task is easy with makers of Sage 50 accounting software. These software offer a variety of features so you don’t need to spend your entire day on it. Basic Checklist can help you run your month easily and keep track of everything.
How do I fix explorer exe on startup?
Set the Shell Key to Explorer.exe
1. Navigate to the following: Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon.
2. Then, in the right pane, double-click on the Shell key and set its value to “C:Program FilesWindowsAppsExplorer.exe”.
3. Let’s reboot our system and check if the Explorer issue is resolved.
Why is Sage 50 not opening?
If Sage 50 U.S. is not opening or hanging on a gray screen after clicking its icon, try the following: Right-click the Sage 50 Accounting desktop icon and select Properties. Click the Compatibility tab.
How can I manage my finances and other tasks using Sage 50 Accounts?
What are the many popular activities you can carry out in the Sage 50 Accounts software? Here are some of them-
1. We provide hassle-free reconciliation of bank accounts
2. Creating invoices and professional quotes is what we do.
3. Integration with the Office 365 software.
4. Submitting VAT Returns Online
5. Managing product information is part of our job.
6. Managing stock details
Can I email invoices to my customers from the software?
Yes. You can send a copy of the invoice to customers by email. After you email the invoice, your customer will receive a hyperlink of the invoice. Customers can click the hyperlink to see and review an emailed version or open it in PDF format and print it.