Sage 50 is one of the best accounting software that offers host of features and functionalities to aid your business accounting needs. However, sometimes it may encounter errors and you may face difficulty while using it.
Question: When I start Sage 50 Accounting, I get an error “Bad key file”. It stopped my computer to windows blue screen of death. Any help can save my day.
Answer: Whenever you get “Bad key file” error message during Sage 50 start up, is a sign of a corrupt install. You require to perform a clean re-install.
Read This: Get Peachtree technical help Now!!
One such error message is “Key file not found” error that occurs when you start Sage 50 Accounting. In this article, we’ll show you some simple ways to troubleshoot the issue manually.
Know how to fix “Key File Not Found” or Sage 50 “Bad Key File” error after “windows critical update” problem
The error message usually occurs when the Shared Documents folder containing Sage key files has been removed manually. To fix the issue:
- Log in as Administrator
- Right click your Sage 50 Accounting icon and choose Run as Administrator.
- Check if the issue still persists. If you no longer receive the error, it indicates a permission issue to access the software.
- Uninstall/ Reinstall Sage 50
- Go to Start and click on Control Panel
- Click on Programs and Features
- Select your version of Sage 50 from the list
- Click Uninstall
- Reinstall the software again using installation CD.
Note: If your are using Windows
- In older versions of Windows go to Start, Control Panel, Programs, & Features
- In Windows 10: Right-click on the Start menu & click on Programs & Features / Apps & Features
- Choose current version of Sage 50 from the list
- Click Uninstall
- Reinstall using KB 74018 and KB 47873 or install it from the Installer Files folder in C:\ Sage.
In case you still need help and unable to solve Sage 50 bad key file windows 10 error, simply dial our toll free sage 50 contact to get in touch with our expert technicians. Speak with Sage Live Chat & Our Experts will help you resolve all Sage 50 issues and errors in no time.