Sage 50 is one of the best accounting software that offers host of features and functionalities to aid your business accounting needs. However, sometimes it may encounter errors and you may face difficulty while using it.
- Error Support
- Data Import
- Data Conversion
- Payment Solutions
- Payroll Support
- Data Export
- Software Integration
- Sage Printer Support
- Complete Sage Solutions
- Tax-Related Issues
- Data Damage Recovery
- Installation, Activation Help
- Sage Windows Support
Question: When I start Sage 50 Accounting, I get an error “Bad key file”. It stopped my computer to windows blue screen of death. Any help can save my day.
Answer: Whenever you get “Bad key file” error message during Sage 50 start up, is a sign of a corrupt install. You require to perform a clean re-install.
One such error message is “Key file not found” error that occurs when you start Sage 50 Accounting. In this article, we’ll show you some simple ways to troubleshoot the issue manually.
The Causes of Sage 50 Bad Key File
Here are some possible causes of this error when trying to get Sage Accounting software up and running.
- If the antivirus software installed on your computer is interfering with the operation of the Sage Accounting Software Application.
- If you happen to move or accidentally erase the common documents folder where your Sage 50 key files are stored.
- There is a possibility that malware is preventing your computer from functioning properly.
Know How to Fix “Key File Not Found” or Sage 50 “Bad Key File” Error After “Windows Critical Update” Problem
The error message usually occurs when the Shared Documents folder containing Sage key files has been removed manually. To fix the issue:
Step 1: Check Computer’s Setup:
You may find that third-party applications or software affect the functioning of this software. At first, you will want to check “KB 86048.” This will let you know if it’s because of an anti-virus, a third-party utility, or if it is due to a firewall within the Sage 50 system.
Step 2: Log in as Administrator
- Right click your Sage 50 Accounting icon and choose Run as Administrator.
- Check if the issue still persists. If you no longer receive the error, it indicates a permission issue to access the software.
Step 3: Verify Activation Status
- Click on the Sage 50 icon on your desktop
- Activate Sage 50 when prompted
- Continue with Step 4 if the problem still persists
Step 4: Uninstall/ Reinstall Sage 50
- Go to Start and click on Control Panel
- Click on Programs and Features
- Select your version of Sage 50 from the list
- Click Uninstall
- Reinstall the software again using installation CD.
Read This: Get Peachtree technical help Now!!
Note: If your are using Windows
- In older versions of Windows go to Start, Control Panel, Programs, & Features
- In Windows 10: Right-click on the Start menu & click on Programs & Features / Apps & Features
- Choose current version of Sage 50 from the list
- Click Uninstall
- Reinstall using KB 74018 and KB 47873 or install it from the Installer Files folder in C:\ Sage.
Step 5: Turn off Controlled Folder Access
- Go to Start, Settings, Update & Security, Windows Security, Virus & Threat Protection.
- Select Manage settings under Virus & threat protection
- Select Manage Controlled folder access under Controlled folder access
- Turn off the Controlled folder access setting
In case you still need help and unable to solve Sage 50 bad key file windows 10 error, simply dial our toll free sage 50 contact to get in touch with our expert technicians. Speak with Sage Live Chat & Our Experts will help you resolve all Sage 50 issues and errors in no time.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do you have Sage 50 Software and Experience some Activation errors, like “Sage 50 key not found or bad key file”?
Yes, you need to examine the Sage 50 login key to determine whether it is the cause of the error “Sage 50 key not found or bad key file” or not. You need to open Sage 50 in order to verify its status. Once on your screen, a box should appear. The next step is for you to activate Sage 50 inside this box and recheck for errors afterwards.
What if i uninstall or disable the firewall or antivirus application to resolve “Sage 50 key not found or bad key file” the error?
This is the best solution if you disable the firewall or antivirus application that blocks Sage 50 from running, causing this issue. You can also just uninstall it. It’s up to you what you want to do about it: install or remove the app. If this is the only application with this problem, then disable your firewall or antivirus program as directed in these instructions.
Why Does a Sage 50 file need to be accessed and not opened directly from a USB?
We recommend that you never open the company document from the USB flash drive if possible. When opened directly from the drive, it may eventually end up corrupted.