User Query: I am getting error message when trying to open my Sage 300 ERP “Cannot access database (error=49153).
Answer: This is due to the network connection error with your database when you are trying to access in to Sage 300 ERP company files.
Read This: Sage Could Not Start the Database Engine Error – How to Fix?
What does Sage 300 Database Error 49153 Mean?
This error pop ups due to failure to connect to the database during Sage 300 application launch.
“Cannot access database (error=49153). See Help for more information”
Other Reasons Are:
- ODBC DSN is invalid
- Database is offline
- Windows firewall is blocking Sage 300 ERP software
- The DNS is resolving the server name to the wrong IP address
- The client is pointing to the wrong server name
Read This: How to troubleshoot Sage cannot be started error message?
Here are the steps to troubleshoot Sage 300 Error Code 49153 message:
- Check the SQL Server Service is working or not.
- Check the TCPIP Static port is set to default i.e. 1433.
- Verify that the SQL Server instance is arrange to apply the right port like static connection.
- You need to check if configuration of Firewall set properly to let incoming traffic to TCPIP port.
Also check the ODBC settings:
Start, Run, %WinDir%\system64\odbcad64.exe
SQL server DNS Configuration
You need to consult with your IT team or reach to us if error still persist. Contact at our Sage 300 Support Staff or Chat with Live Host.