Exporting data is a useful feature incorporated in sage 50. The feature would save you from manually entering data into a spreadsheet. In this blog, we will provide you a few important instructions on how to export data from the Sage 50 accounting software to excel.
Also Read – Know how fix when Sage 50 failed to connect to excel?
Steps – how to export data from Sage 50. Please follow the steps mentioned below:
- Open Sage 50 Accounts
- Locate the report you want to export
- Click on the File menu
- Scroll down to click on Select Import/ Export. The Select Import/ Export window will appear on your screen
- On the window, select the program area and the template
- Click on Export. A window would be displayed with the Filter tab
- Click on the droop-down menu named Report Order and select the precise order in which you want the fields to be exported
- From the Date drop-down menu, select the date type and specify the data range
- Once you are done with the Filter tab, click on the Fields tab
- Tick the Show check box against each of the fields you want to include in the file to be exported. If you want to include all fields, tick Select All
- After you have moved the fields you require, click Options. You can click the arrow button to name the export file or select the default name given by Sage 50. You can change the file type from .CSV to .xls and can also change the location to save the exported file.
- If you want the headings/names of the fields to be exported on the first line, tick the check box named Include Headings. This would help you in viewing the data properly in excel spreadsheet
- In the If Export File Exists section, select the appropriate option-
- If you wish to receive a prompt from Sage 50 before the file gets overwritten, select the first option
- If you wish to receive no prompt from Sage 50 before the file gets overwritten, select the 2nd option
- If you wish to receive a prompt from Sage 50 before appending the information to an existing file, select the third option
- If you wish to receive no prompt from Sage 50 before appending the information to an existing file, select the 4th option
- If you have already made any changes to the fields and want to save the same with a new name, click Save and fill in a template name.
- Lastly, select OK to start the export process.
We hope the simple steps provided above would help you export data from Sage 50 to excel. You just need to follow the steps sequentially. If you experience any difficulties in carrying out the above-mentioned steps, you may speak to our experts. We have an extremely skilled team of seasoned experts, and we will be able to provide all the support and services, whenever you contact us.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
How can I export CSV file from Sage 50?
In Sage Accounts, navigate to the report you want to export. Then click on the Export tab. Navigate to the folder where you wish to save the exported data. Also give a file name. In the Save as Type drop-down box, click Comma Separated Value Files (. csv). Click Save.
Is it necessary to take a backup of the sage 50 database while importing an excel file into Sage 50?
Yes. Please ensure to take a proper backup of the sage 50 database before importing an excel (or any data, for that matter) into Sage 50. If any mistake happens in the import process, you can easily restore your Sage 50 data from a backup.