Import Excel into Sage 50 data is a useful feature incorporated in sage 50. You can save a lot of time while migrating data from another accounting system.
How to Import Excel Data to Sage 50?
Please note that while you import excel (or any data, for that matter) to Sage 50, the order of importing is very important. You can read the topic if your Sage 50 failed to connect to excel while transfer data. Certain data contained in some files must be in the system before you are allowed to import some other data. For example, before importing the Sales Receipt Journal, you must import the Customer List or Chart of Accounts into your system.
Please follow the below-mentioned instructions that can help you to import Excel transactions into Sage 50:
- Open Sage 50
- Go to the File menu
- Click on Select Import/Export
- The Select Import/Export window will appear on your screen
- Select the Program area you want to use
- Select the template to use
- Now click on the Import button
- The Window for the selected template will be displayed, along with the Fields tab
- For each field included in your file to import, select the check box named Show
- If any of the fields listed are not found to be in proper order, highlight the first of the fields you wish to move. Then, select the Move button.
- Click below the row to where you wish to move the field. This will move the field to the place just above the position where you clicked. The column numbers would adjust accordingly.
- Click on the Options tab, after you are done with Fields
- While importing, if you want to be warned about duplicate receipt reference numbers or check numbers, click on the check box named Warn if Duplicate Reference. This will be applicable while importing receipts transactions, Payroll or payments. The existing record will be overwritten by the imported record.
- By default, Sage 50 applies a default file name and path in C drive. The file name will be the original Sage 50 file name, with .CSV extension. If you need to change the filename and/or the path of the import file, click the arrow button. You can specify a different path or different drive and type over and above the default name.
- If the file you want to import includes column headings, click the checkbox named First Row Contains Headings. It will let Sage 50 ignore the first row in your data file.
- Click on Save and then rename this new template. You are not allowed to use the default name in Sage 50. You should enter a new and unique name.
- After you are done with making the necessary selections, click on OK to start the import process.
You just need to follow the steps sequentially to import excel file into Sage 50. If you experience any difficulties in carrying out the above-mentioned steps, you may speak to our Sage 50 experts. We have an extremely skilled team, and our Sage 50 LIVE CHAT team will be able to provide all the support and services, whenever you contact us.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Question: Is it necessary to take a backup of the sage 50 database?
Answer: Yes. Please ensure to take a proper backup of the sage 50 database. If any mistake happens in the import process, you can easily restore your Sage 50 data from a backup.
Question: While importing data from Excel to Sage 50, what should I import first, lists or transactions?
Answer: Please note that, the order in which you import data is important for successful importing of any data. You should always import lists first and then only should proceed for importing transactions.
Question: While importing data, how important is it to maintain the number and order of the fields of the import file.
Answer: It is extremely important. It will ensure that the same fields are included in the import file. The import will not happen if the fields do not match, in order and number, with that of the fields you checked to show.
Question: Can I Import Excel Transactions into Sage 50?
Answer: Yes. You can. By importing, you can update existing transactions.