Sage always lets its users customize the application as per the requirements of the customer. Nowadays, as the business increases, manpower, workload automatically increases. Sage helps you manage your work more efficiently with your dedicated employees. For that, you need to upgrade the Sage 50 Single User License to a Multi-User License now.
So, What is Sage 50 Multi-User Mode?
Multiple users can work on your business data simultaneously with a multi-user license if you have installed Sage 50 onto your network and run your firm in multi-user mode. You can say using Sage 50 on multiple computers.
The number of users that can connect or manage your business data at one time depends on the number of licenses you buy and on the Sage 50 product you are using. Single-user products need to be updated to take advantage of the multi-user mode.
Example: If 2 users try to open the same file, Sage 50 easily handle any multi-user access conflicts and save the records properly.
Factors that need to be changed if you upgrade Sage 50 Single User License to Sage Multi-user License.
- You have to use the same sage 50 program year to switch from sage 50 single-user modes to sage 50 multi-user mode. In short, if you have Sage 50, the year 2015 single-user mode in your system, then it should first be upgraded to Sage 50 the year 2015 multi-use mode.
- You can easily use New Users and Licenses.
- You can add extra licenses to your Sage 50 if required.
If the server doesn’t recognize your workstation, then the software will not respond to that.
Steps to Upgrade Sage 50 single-User License to a Multi-User License
If you have installed the US version of Sage 50 on your system, then you don’t need to uninstall it; you just need to upgrade the serial number to the newest version.
- First of all, you need to make sure that everyone has logged off from Sage 50.
- Now, open Sage 50 Accounting Software on your server.
- Then, select Help and then click on Activate Sage 50.
- Also, do check the subscription and the license Details.
- Now, Select the current version of Sage 50. You will receive a new serial number.
- Then enter the serial number in the respective field and then click on OK.
- Next, the Sage 50 will automatically close, and the upgrade process will start automatically. Wait till the process finishes completely. Once it is completed, Sage 50 will automatically open.
- Now, your Sage has successfully been upgraded.
- Once the upgrade is installed on the server, it’s time to upgrade all the workstations one by one (You can follow from the 3rd step onwards for all the workstations separately).
- Plus, to install the multi-user mode on all the workstations, you must enter the multi-user serial number on the workstation while installing.
Note: Once the installation is completed, check which version has been installed in your system as the download link includes various versions.
Working in Sage 50 Multi user Mode
When you enter transactions in the multi-user mode, it is feasible for inventory level users to change and transaction numbers to be used by the other users. In these conditions, Sage 50 Accounting helps you to let you know which changes have occurred.
- If many users are working on similar tasks simultaneously, transaction messaging might slow down. You can reduce this by setting it to automatically use the next open transaction number.
- You can lessen messaging on a per-user basis by turning off notifications when the transaction numbers change.
- Some options and menus are unavailable in the multi-user mode, even if you log in as a system admin.
- To do certain tasks that are not available in the multi-user mode, you have to switch it back to single-user mode. This protects your data by restricting other users from using the data while getting updated.
- If you start your Sage 50 in a single-user mode at any time, other users will be locked out from the data.
If another user changes your company data while you are entering a transaction, this change may not be shown in your transaction.
If you know that other users are changing the data, you should refresh your data before processing a transaction. If you forget to refresh, then you will get a message informing you that the transaction needs to be re-entered using the updated data.
The same user cannot be logged in to your company from more than one location.
Frequently Asked Questions
Question: How can I add users to my Sage 50?
Answer: First, click the add user button in the upper left to open the Add user screen. Then enter the user’s name, email address, and access level, and you are done.
Question: Why do we need to upgrade to a multi-user license?
Answer: As your business increases, work and database also increase. Then to handle the increased work, you need to switch to a multi-user license so that work can be managed by multiple users.
Question: How to change access rights in my Sage 50?
Answer: First, log into Sage 50 Accounts as manager. Then click Settings, then click User Management and click Users. Now select the user whose access rights you want to change, then click Edit.
Also, choose the type of user, change the password. Lastly, select the areas in the software you want the user to have access to.