This solution requires substantial knowledge of your computer’s operating system. In case you are not confident about resolving the issue after reading the steps below:
We suggest you take help of your administrator for assistance or call us for a proper resolution of Sage 50 2019 installation hang error.
- Modifying your Windows Registry incorrectly can considerably hamper your system’s operations.
- Fastfix247.com do not take any responsibility or accountability in case of an incorrect modification of Windows Registry is attempted by the reader.
- It is highly recommended to always create a backup of the data before proceeding with any advanced solutions.
Video – What to Check in The Computer When Sage 50 Hangs on Installation
Resolution: Fixing the Sage 2019 Install, Hangs and Freeze
Sage 50 Installation freezes on Step 1 of 3 while installing Pervasive
The advantages of Sage software are many ranging from arranging transactional records together to managing all accounting and payroll functions.
However, at times all functions get hampered when Sage 50 gets stuck while installing important files. One such error is Sage 50 error – Error installing pervasive or Unable to install Pervasive.
W3dbsmgr.exe is the database service manager for Pervasive, the database engine used by Sage. Occasionally it doesn’t get shut down properly and interferes with the installation process. Fortunately, it’s easy to resolve, once you know what to do.
Read This: Get Sage Pro Accounting Help 24 By 7
Step 1: Try to stop Pervasive from running and restart with the process again.
Just right click on your taskbar and go to – Start – Task Manager
- See the top bar which has tabs like Application, Processes, Services, and Performance etc
- Click on the second tab “Processes”
- Or if you are running Windows 8 or 10 then go to the Details tab and once into the list scroll near the bottom
- You will find W3dbsmgr.exe as the Database Service Manager for Pervasive
- Just click on it and click on the End Process button
If this doesn’t help, then move to step 2 below
Step 2: Uninstall & Reinstall Pervasive
- First, you need to shut down Sage 50
- Press Windows + R and go to Control Panel in the text box – Click OK
- Go to Programs & Features
- Uninstall any Pervasive version that you find there and then Close the Control Panel
- Again Press Windows + R
- Enter C:\ – and click OK
- If there is a pvsw and pvswarch folders, then delete those
- File like PSQL_Version no_Install.log should also be deleted
- Go to C:\Windows
- Delete log
Now Follow Below Ones:
- Go to C:\ProgramData
- Rename Pervasive Software folder as Old Pervasive
- Browse to C:\Program Files or C:\Program Files (x86)
- Rename Pervasive Software folder here as well and name it Old Pervasive
- Browse to C:\Program Files\Common Files or C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files
- Rename Pervasive Software Shared and by renaming it Old Pervasive Shared
- Exit from the window/windows opened
- Press Windows + R
- Enter regedit and press OK
- Right-click on Computer and select Export
Few More Steps:
- Save the Registry backup
- Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software on the left side
- Look for the Pervasive software and PEYX489ZK and delete them
- If you have 64-bit systems, go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Wow6432Node
- You will find Pervasive software and PEYX489ZK, delete them and close the Registry Editor
Read This: It’s Time to Update Sage 50 Payroll – Did You?
- Go to the installation folder i.e. C:\Sage\Sage50_[version]
- Open Pervasive Min folder
- Run MSI and click Next and accept license agreement and click Next
- Choose Run as a service – then Next – click Complete – Next
- Choose Install for re-installation
- Click Finish once the process completes
If you face any issues with following the above steps, then we are just a call away.
If you feel that there are too many steps involved here and it’s cumbersome to rectify the Sage 50 installation error all by yourself, then it is time to call the expert.
At FastFix247, our Sage experts can help you to resolve the Sage 50 installation error perfectly and quickly.
We are a reliable Sage technical support provider for all Sage related issues and can help you with the best solution in a timely manner. Our 24/7 customer support service is here round the clock to help you with any query, consultation and prompt repair of Sage related issues.
Discuss with our Sage chat or call to helpline on 855 481 5335.