User Query: I purchased Sage 50 2021 from Office Depot. I tried to activate it after installing it on my desktop, but the Sage 50 activation screen always freezes. I restarted the computer numerous times and closed all open program’s, but I was still unable to activate it.
Let me help you to resolve your Sage 50 activation error
Some users also face the same issue like error: “There was a problem with the activation files for Sage 50.” Here, we will show some simple steps to resolve this commonly reported issue.
Method 1: Check your Anti-virus and firewall settings
If you find your anti-virus or firewall settings are blocking the activation, please disable the antivirus or firewall.
Method 2: Check if your Data path has issues
- Close Sage 50 on all computers
- Navigate to the data path and the program path
- Search for and rename the following files. You can also shift them to another folder outside the data path:
- *.PTL ( each and every file with PTL extension)
- *.LCK ( all files with LCK extension)
- Now open Sage 50 again and check if the option to activate manually is available
- Click Manual Activation from Preference
- Follow the instructions on your screen.
Read More: Sage 50 install hangs configuring your computer – What to do?
Method 3: Check if the computers are using the Same Version
While activating Sage 50 in any computer using your own computer, you need to verify if both the computers are using the same software version or not. If both are using different versions, one needs to be upgraded to match the versions. Here is how to do this-
- Open Sage 50 and navigate to the Help menu
- Click on Sage 50 Activation License and Subscription
- Now select the option named Change your Current version
- Click OK to proceed
- Now, you need to provide the Serial Number of the new version to activate it in another system
- After completion, Close Sage and open it again
- Check if the error still persists.
Read More: How to fix when Sage 50 accounting could not be started?
We hope the troubleshooting methods mentioned above would help you a great deal to fix the Sage 50 activation error on your Computer. You just need to spend a couple of minutes of your schedule and go through the procedure. If you are still not able to fix this issue, or, if you experience any difficulties in carrying out the above-mentioned steps, you may speak to our experts. We have an extremely skilled team and we will be able to provide all the support and services, whenever you contact us.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Question: Why does the Sage 50 Activation Error Occurs?
The possible causes of the error are as follows –
- Anti-virus or Firewall blocking the activation
- Corrupted data path files
- Windows system date is not correct
- The Options.dat file is hidden or damaged
- Failure to correct the Windows system date
Question: When do I know that the activation error has occurred on my system?
When the Sage 50 Activation Error occurs on your system, you may experience one or more of the following-
- Your online activation starts automatically
- You get no prompt to select your preferred activation method- annual, online or later
- The following error message is displayed on your screen – “There was a problem in activating Sage 50”
- The program may shut down without giving you any warning, anytime during the activation
Question: How to Ping the Server while Fixing the Sage 50 2019 Activation Issue?
- Press Windows +R to launch the Run window
- Type CMD in the search box and press Enter
- The Command Prompt will appear on your screen.
- Type ipconfig and press Enter
- Note down your IPV4 Address from the screen
- Then type the Hostname
- Press Enter
- Note down your computer name from the screen
- Go back to your workstation and repeat the above-mentioned steps
- Now type Ping [server computer name]
- Press Enter
- Check if your workstation receives response from the concerned IP Address of the server
- Go back to the server and repeat the above steps, using the host name of your workstation.
Question: What should I do if my computer does not get any response when I ping the server?
In this case, you may contact your system administrator. Alternatively, you can speak to the FastFix247 experts for assistance.
Few More Reads:
How to troubleshoot when Sage 50 installation not complete?
How to fix when Sage 50 error 1628 failed to complete installation when uninstalling?