Most of the installations go perfectly smooth but in few instances it might hang at Step 1 of 3 while installing “Pervasive”. However, this is not the only reason; there may be several other causes for the installation freeze error during the Sage installation.
Why Sage 50 Installation Hangs or Stops?
- Sage 50 Install stuck during update
- Sage Installation freezes or hangs during installation follow step 1 of 3
- Occurs during installation / repair of Sage Payroll Services
Causes of Sage 50 Installation Freeze Error
- Some Operating Systems may take more time while Setting Permissions, Policies & Security files
- Failed Pervasive install
- Regional & Language setting (in Windows) may be set to any other language apart from English (United States)
- Problems writing to the Windows registry keys
- Install finishes but install windows does not close
- Installing data path directly to the Program Files or Program Files (x86) directory
- Not enough hard drive space on your C drive
- The file cacls.exe running in processes
Step 1: How to tackle the Failed Pervasive install:
What is Pervasive and the reason for it causing the delay?
It is the Database engine that Sage 50 uses to manage the data files and often while installing this file, it slows or completely halts the process.
If you run into a Pervasive error then the solution is simple. Just right click on your taskbar and go to – Start – Task Manager
- See the top bar which has tabs like Application, Processes, Services, and Performance etc
- Click on the second tab “Processes”
- Or if you are running Windows 8 or 10 then go to the Details tab and once into the list, scroll near the bottom
- You will find W3dbsmgr.exe as the Database Service Manager for Pervasive
- Just click on it and click on the End Process button
You will notice that once you end it, the installation is able to shut the Database Service Manager file and a new version of Pervasive start installing afresh. The process of installation moves back to normal with the process bar moving steadily ahead. You won’t have to worry about redoing the installation.
Step 2: Region and Language settings improperly set:
A.) Microsoft Windows 8 and up:
- Open the Run box by pressing the Windows Key + R together
- Type Control and then click OK
- Select Region from the Clock, Language, and Region tab
- On Location tab, select United States as the Current location
- In the Formats tab, select English (United States)
B.) Microsoft Windows XP:
- Go to Start – Control Panel – Language and Regional tab
- Select English (United States) from the Region tab in the Standards and formats section
- Select United States on the Location tab
- From the Advanced tab, select “Change system locale” and choose English (United States)
- Click OK, and then reboot the computer
Step 3: Problem writing to the Windows registry:
- Cancel installation.
- Run Microsoft Easy Fix Utility (formerly, Microsoft Fix It Utility)
(The FixIt tool has its own website now; you can download it from the fixitcenter.support.microsoft.com)
- Select Run Now
- Accept the Agreement
- Select Detect problems – let me select the fixes to apply
- Select Installing
- Select Sage 50 – click Next.
- Select Yes when prompted with “wanting to uninstall this program”
- Reinstall Sage.
Step 4: Installing program to C:\Program Files (x86) on a 64 bit computer:
- If you are trying to install the Sage edition to C:\Program Files on a 64-bit machine, Cancel the installation and install it to C:\Program Files(x86) instead
- For a 64-bit architecture, the location for storing the 64-bit programs is – C:\Program Files. Sage 50—U.S. Edition is a 32-bit program and need not be installed on that directory.
- However, On Windows Server OS, installing the program to drives or partitions other than C is known to cause unaccustomed errors.
Since this is not an issue with data storage which can be stored on other drives or partitions, the issue is mainly pertaining to the program path. Make enough space by clearing approx 1.GB to install the program to C:\Program Files (x86).
- Start the installation again by installing the Program Files to C:\Program Files(x86)\Sage\Peachtree and check if the installation has been successful
If you feel that there are too many steps involved and it’s cumbersome to rectify the Sage 50 installation error all by yourself, then it is time to not let these small issues hamper your business.
Note: Install the latest Sage 50 2019 US edition now!
Video – Troubleshooting Sage Installations When Hangs or Freezes
Sage Technical Team
At FastFix247 we can help resolve the Sage 50 installation error quickly!
We are a reliable Sage technical support provider for all issues related to Sage and can help you with the best solution in a quick timely manner so you can concentrate on your core business instead of grappling with the problem yourself or entrusting any half-baked novice support service with your important data and other resources.
Our 24/7 customer service is available round the clock for any queries, consultation and prompt repair of Sage 50 related errors on our 24*7 helpline.
Live-chat support with our expert advisors is open 24*7 and you can also write in detail about any issue with Sage on our email and we will get back with the right solution for any Sage error you are facing.