Facing errors when trying to create a backup on Sage 50? Is your Sage 50 displaying a persistent “Backup failed” error message and you don’t know how to get rid of it? In this article, we’ll show you manual ways to resolve the problem.
Resolution to the problem
The issue occurs either because you don’t have proper privileges to create a backup or because the file is to large due to backup in working folder (.SAJ). To resolve the issue:
Option 1: Backup directly into a USB flash drive
- On the Sage 50 backup window, change the backup folder location from USB flash drive to another folder on desktop or C:\ drive.
- Press OK to apply the changes.
Option 2: Remove backup from working folder (.SAJ)
- Press Windows key + E to open Windows Explorer.
- Browse to your data file.
- Locate company file’s .SAJ folder and double click to it.
- Move the backups (.cab files) or backup folder to another location outside of the .SAJ folder.
- Also move backups outside ‘simply’ and ‘mysql’ folders.
- Try to backup the company file again.
Still need help?
Call our expert technicians at sage 50 tech support number for immediate help and assistance. Call now!