Vacation pay is a Sage 50 feature that calculates an employee’s vacation amount during a pay period and then adds it to the pay cheque or retains it for release during time off.
However, at times, the vacation pay feature stops working leading to vacation pay not being calculated.
In this article, we’ll show you a simple way to reinstate this feature to calculate and accrue vacation.
Resolution to setup vacation pay in Sage:
- Select Setup and go to Settings.
- Click Payroll and then Incomes.
- Check the Calc Vac. column for each income.
- Press OK.
- Now select Setup and go to Settings.
- Click Payroll and then Linked Accounts.
- In the Income section, ensure that a Payable account is linked to Vacation Owed field and an Expense Account is linked to Vac. Earned field.
- Press OK.
- Open an Employee record and select Income tab.
- Verify the Vacation Owed and Vacation Paid selections are checked off under income.
- Enter a numeric to indicate how much Vacation Pay to calculate.
- To retain vacation pay, put a check mark in the Retain Vacation field.
- Select Save and Close.
This should solve your problem. For more help and assistance, get in touch with our experts at sage 50 tech support number .