Are you trying to open your Sage Accounts but frequently running into an error message that says “Unable to Register Data Source”? Are you looking for ways to manually solve the problem? Or “Backup Not Responding” Issue in Sage 50 – We can help!
In Sage 50, “Unable to Register Data Source” error message usually occurs if there are damaged Sage 50 installation files in your system. This issue can also occur if the regional settings on your computer are set incorrectly. “Assertion Failed” Issue in Sage 50 So, before repairing the installation files, make sure the regional options on your computer are set to English (United States).
Symptoms of Sage User Unable to Register Data Source
- ‘Unable to register data source’ is not accessible for Sage users.
- This message ‘Unable to register expression library’ may appear on your open screen.
Causes of Sage 50 Unable to Register Data Source Error
Here are some common reasons for “Unable to register datasource” error messages.
- Incorrect version of Sage accounting software
- Damaged installation files
- Incorrect regional settings on your computer
- Problems due to Windows 10 Anniversary updates
Read This: Sage 50 Unable To Open Company File
How to Repair Install Sage 50 Damaged Installation Files:
- Insert Sage Accounts CD and click Install.
- Now double click on the downloaded installation file.
- Click Repair when prompted.
- Once the repair install has finished, verify if the issue is resolved.
- Sage 50 Accounts “Unable to Register Data Source” Error
Solution for fix the ‘Sage 50 is Unable to Register the Data Source Error’:
Let’s take a look at each of these issues and recommend ways to solve them manually.
Solution 1: Incorrect Version of Sage 50 Accounting Software:
If you use Sage accounting software and have upgraded your computer to Windows 8 but still using the older version of Sage accounting, you may come across the unable to register data source error. To fix this, please check that your copy of Sage 50 is running the version needed for your operating system i.e., Sage 50 Account v19 or above.
- Go to Help > Program Details and make a note of the program directory
- Go to Help again and press Check for Updates
- Now, check for updates and select “Update Now”
- You will be prompted to save a backup of your data. Press Yes if you wish to save it and No if you already have one saved.
- Tick the check box to agree to the terms and conditions and click Next
- Cross check the directory path with the one you noted at the very beginning and select Upgrade
- Press on New Folder and enter the directory path you noted in step 1.
- First, choose a version, then click Yes to begin the installation. Once it is complete, you can close the window.
Solution 2: Damaged Installation Files
If you are using the Sage 50 Desktop version and did not install the latest updates, your Windows 8 or Windows 10 may be out of date. To fix it, you can check if .NET 2.0 or .NET 3.5 is installed as part of your operating system.
- Open the Control Panel and click on Programs.
- Click on Programs and Features.
- Go to Turn Windows features on or off, and select .net 3.5 and press OK.
- Download the necessary files when prompted.
- Open your Sage Accounts to check if the problem has been fixed.
Solution 3: Your computer has incorrect regional settings.
If your regional settings are incorrectly aligned, you may get the above-mentioned errors. Make sure you set Regional Language to English (UK)
- Use keyboard, long press the Windows key and press R.
- The Run Command will open. Now, type intl.cpl and then select OK.
- Now, the Language and Regional Window will open.
- Select Drop-down format and then select English (UK)
- Now, select the Location tab and then select drop-down of the Current Location and then click on OK.
Solution 4: Windows 10 Anniversary Update Problems
After you install the Windows 10 Anniversary update, sometimes there are problems with Sage 50. To fix these problems, you have to download a Microsoft .NET update from here and follow along with the instructions outlined on this page:
- Visit https://downloads.sage.co.uk/download/?did=ca1783eb-61e2-4bae-a3717-01cb9637de06
- You will either open or save the file. If it automatically begins downloading, you’re probably on a slow connection.
- Press Save when you are asked to store the file on desktop
- When you see the message “Press any key to exit”, click on anything other than a key.
- First, restart the computer and open Sage to see if it works.
This should solve your problem. In case you are still facing the error message, call our Sage expert technicians at sage 50 support and they can help you instantly fix the problem to keep you at your productive best. For quick resolution to the problem, call us now!