Facing Sage 50 “Key file not found” or “Bad key file” error message when opening Sage 50 Accounting software, followed by “This product is not properly installed. One of the program files is missing. Reinstall the program, following the instructions in the manual.”?
Well, the issue occurs mostly due to the following two reasons:
- A virus infection, or
- An accidental removal of the Shared Documents folder containing the Sage50 key files.
Solve Sage Key File Not Found Problem
The best way to resolve the “key File Not Found” issue is to manually uninstall your Sage 50 Accounting software and then install it again. For this:
- Click on Start and go to the Control Panel.
- Now click on Programs and Features.
- Select Sage 50 version from the list.
- Click Uninstall to manually uninstall the program.
- Now follow Sage Software, Inc. instructions to reinstall the software again.
- Troubleshoot Sage 50 Activation Failed Issue
Method 2: Check setup of Computer
Your Software and Functioning may get affected due to third-party software. Initially, you need to go through the file “KB 86048.” The file will tell you whether the error is due to the firewall, virus/anti-virus and/or third-party.
Method 3: Open your Software and Run with Administrator Credentials:
- To open and run your program with Administrator rights, right-click on the icon.
- Here, you will see an option “Key file not found,” this means you need admin rights to access it.
- If you still get the error message in your software, check the resource on “How to Run as Admin” (15108)
This should solve your issue. However, if the problem still persists or you need help while following the aforementioned steps, give us a call. Our Sage 50 tech support number can help resolve your problem for a seamless computing experience. For instant help, call now!