User Query: Hi there, i’m experiencing issue while working in my sage 50 program. I have a message at the top of the window & keep freeze for 10-15 seconds : NOT RESPONDING. What to Do?
Is your older version of Sage 50 not responding? Are you looking for ways to fix when your Sage 50 does not open? The “Not responding” issue in Sage 50 Peachtree Accounting software could occur due to a damaged USERPREF.DAT file and the resolution requires advanced knowledge of computer’s operating system.
Causes Behind the Sage 50 Not Working Error:
- Sage communication with Windows has stopped due to enabled Windows Compatibility Mode.
- RAM Memory not available or very low System Memory
- Very Slow Internet Connection that response time to a particular command increases
- Any other software is open and running at the back
- Corrupted or Damaged Company/Data File
Follow our step-by-step solution to fix the Sage 50 “Not Responding” or call our Sage support specialists for expert help:
- Close Sage 50 on all computers
- Open Sage 50 on your computer and browse to the company directory.
- Now verify if the data file permissions are correctly set.
- Next, right click on UserPref.DAT and click Rename.
- Change the file name to UserPref.OLD and press Enter.
- Open Sage 50 again and try to open the Company File.
- Verify if the error message no longer exists.
- How to Fix “Assertion Failed” Issue in Sage 50
However, if the problem still persists, try to rename the following data files:
Read This: “Check Data Not Responding” Issue in Sage 50
This should solve your problem. Should you need more help, call us on our sage to speak to our expert technicians. You can also avail our Live Chat Support Feature which is significantly available on our website at the down-right corner. Through Live Chat Support, you can connect with our technical team as per your convenience of time. Our Team will respond to you in very less time to provide you complete assistance.
Q: What to do my Sage 50 not responding after Windows 10 update, it keeps crashing?
A: Sage 50 needs to run in compatibility mode after updating to Windows 10 in order to avoid crashing. But in case Sage 50 still fail to open even after it is set to run in compatibility mode, do this to fix:
- To get properties on a Sage 50 shortcut, right-click it and choose Properties.
- Clear the check box for “Run this program in compatibility mode with” from the Compatibility tab.
- Save your changes by clicking OK.
- Turn off your computer and restart it.
Use Task Manager if you already are familiar with it. In Task Manager, select the Details tab, find Peachw.exe, and click End Task.